BIM / VDC Manager
- West Point, PA, us
Do you thrive in an environment where you can develop leading edge BIM/VDC solutions? Do you want to work with highly skilled and technical people who work collaboratively to help solve our customer’s BIM/VDC challenges? Go ahead…..keep reading!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EXCITED BY TECHNOLOGY AND PASSIONATE ABOUT DELIVERING THE HIGHEST QUALITY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, is a leading provider of Autodesk design and engineering solutions. IMAGINiT provides CAD/BIM software and technology expertise to companies across North America. You’ll have a great team standing behind you, but you will need to bring motivation, persistence, and a sincere desire to help customers reach their business goals.
We are currently searching for a BIM/VDC Manager to provide subject matter expertise in establishing and fostering standards, practices and guidelines for the implementation of business critical capital projects. The range of responsibilities will cover technical definition and guidance during project scope development, front-end planning, construction, and qualification of facilities. The candidate will support projects of various facility types, including manufacturing facilities as well as labs, offices and infrastructure projects. This role can be based in either Whitehouse Station, NJ or West Point, PA and will require travel between both locations.
What will you be responsible for?
- Develop standard BIM/VDC practices and guidelines for implementation on capital projects
- Assist project teams in BIM/VDC project setup and planning and best practices
- Assist in the evaluation of AEC firm project proposals and contracts to ensure that each element of the design and construction process is fully integrated throughout every phase of every BIM/VDC project
- Evaluate new BIM/VDC related software and technologies
- Stay appraised of trends and evangelize the use of new technologies that can support BIM/VDC projects
- Champion and lead the implementation and use of other technologies during capital projects, including laser scanning, energy analysis, cloud based collaboration, and virtual/augmented reality
- Liaison with national vendors, AEC firms, and contractors
- Establish future uses of BIM/VDC with respect to cost estimating, specifications, Integrated Project Delivery, and modularization
- Liaison with AIA Technology in Architecture Practice (TAP) Knowledge Community
- Demonstrate the company’s BIM/VDC success
- Develop a plan for use of BIM/VDC during C&Q activities
- Develop P&ID (Piping & Instrumentation Diagram) management practice(s)
- Train and educate the Global Engineering Solutions community on implementation of BIM/VDC
- Provide technical orientation to new hires regarding BIM/VDC tools
Who are we looking for?
- 2 years+ experience as a BIM/VDC Manager or similar role
- Deep working knowledge of current BIMVDC versions and industry standards
- Experience in overall BIM/VDC project management and implementation of best standards
- Experience with developing BIM/VDC execution planning based on project size and complexity
- Deep knowledge of Autodesk AEC software, such as AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks
- Experience with application and use of BIM in construction phase
- Experience with 3D visualization tools and planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization and planning skills
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering or Architecture
- Ability to meet 20% travel requirement between 2 locations in NJ and PA
What do we stand for?
- INTEGRITY We are honest, ethical, straight forward people in dealing with our employees, our customers, and our shareholders.
- TEAMWORK Every IMAGINiT team member is important to the success of our company.
- COMMUNICATION We listen to our people, our clients and our prospects.
- INNOVATION We think and act creatively. We help our clients to be innovative through leveraging technology and approaches that ensure their success.
Are you up for a new challenge? IMAGINiT now!
Visit us at http://www.imaginit.com/ for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those applicants who are to be considered will be contacted. Must be authorized to work in the U.S for any employer without company sponsorship.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity! We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, provincial or local laws.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Autodesk, Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, BIM, VDC, architecture, construction, design, 3D, building, engineering, consulting