Consultant Wind Turbine - Offshore Wind Advisory
As our new Consultant, you will be part of our Offshore Wind Advisory team. You will take on a key role as subject matter expert shaping and enhancing our service deliverables. Our assignments are of a diverse nature with both well-known and new market players, joint ventures and investment funds, and cover a broad scope of services as well as potential combination with other technologies, such as Power-to-X, where we would make use of the wider Ramboll expertise.
If you crave a challenging role but also flexibility and work life balance, this role may be ideal for you. The position will be based in our offices in Madrid, but our hybrid work model allows you to split your time between working in the office and working from home.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an inclusive, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, clients and people around the world.
World leader in wind energy
Ramboll is a world leader in offshore wind with a unique value proposition. We have been involved in more than 70% of all operating offshore wind farms globally. With our international, multidisciplinary and wind energy specific competencies, we are a true full-range service provider for offshore wind energy projects in all its phases. Ramboll supports clients globally to identify, evaluate and quantify both risks and opportunities, allowing them to make well educated, strategic decisions based on practical offshore wind project development, financing and execution experience, combined with world-class engineering know-how.
We are among the very few consultancies in the world, providing engineering services for bottom-fixed as well as floating wind foundations. Since 2007 we have been involved in floating offshore wind and today have a dedicated team of experts supporting clients globally.
Within Ramboll, over 500 highly qualified experts are working on onshore and offshore wind projects globally, operating primarily from our 15 key offices across the Nordics, Germany, UK, Poland, Spain, Japan, Korea and the US.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As part of the Offshore Advisory Wind Turbine Competence Group, you will perform diverse tasks and responsibilities such as:
- Support technical wind turbine advisory services and due diligence processes
- Prepare tender documentation, e.g., Employer Requirements, for contracting wind turbine services and solutions
- Support international projects through diverse disciplines as part of the wind turbine package Owner´s Engineer team
- Develop and improve internal procedures and documentation related to the different wind turbine specific processes and interface with the rest of the competence groups
- Support wind turbine technology R&D processes and developing client-oriented solutions
- Research, evaluate and prepare reports and presentations regarding wind turbine technologies
- Gather Wind turbine lessons learned and business best practice documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; a master’s degree or other advanced degree is preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience in wind energy projects
- Industry knowledge and an understanding of design and engineering, project economics, interfaces, risks and commercial aspects of wind farm development
- Strong writing and communication skills with an eye for analytical and persuasive presentations
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English; additional languages are beneficial
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and make independent decisions that promote / advance company goals and objectives
- Ideally, some expertise in some of the following areas: WTG package management, wind turbine technology, floating wind, supply chain, electrical, cables, FOU, transport and installation, permitting
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green energy transition and offers a holistic approach that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,700 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. Ramboll is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and we welcome applications from under-represented groups in STEM, such as women, LGBTQ+ and BAME communities, and people with a disability. We look forward to receiving your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.