Freelance Content Writer - Nonprofit Fundraising
- 111 Penn St., Suite 101, El Segundo, CA, us
Rallybound is a SaaS fundraising solution for mission-driven organizations. We are dedicated to building the best products available to help our clients raise more funds online. Nonprofits, foundations and social enterprises use Rallybound for event and campaign peer-to-peer fundraising. As a social enterprise, we believe that profit and purpose are not mutually exclusive.
This is a long-term freelance / part-time position to provide articles and reports for Rallybound's marketing department. The writer will produce blog posts, short white papers, sales collateral and other writing deliverables as needed. Our audience is nonprofit professionals working in fundraising - the focus of the writing will be on nonprofit fundraising. Experience writing about nonprofit fundraising is highly desired.
- Demonstrated by-lines of online of articles in either the nonprofit space and/or B2B SaaS space.
- Excellent written English. Experience writing to standard guidelines such as AP or Chicago.
- Ability to do primary and secondary research and to interview subject matter experts.
- Able to both work on suggested ideas for stories and also come up with ideas.
- Works quickly and efficiently. Able to submit articles that do not require significant reworking by editors.
- Demonstrated experience using WordPress as an author or contributor.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and how to use visitor and search data to determine story ideas and keyword-rich content.
- Basic image editing ability for formatting images in blog posts.
Great to have:
- Work and/or volunteer experience at a nonprofit in a development or fundraising role, and/or
- Work experience at a SaaS company in a content role (serving nonprofits would be perfect)
Please send links to at least 3 articles online and/or marketing collateral that you've written. Please only contact if you are a candidate. No recruiters please.