Impact Investing Intern, Private Research
- 317 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1P9, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
We’re an impact investment management and advisory firm. We help investors generate positive social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. We create specialized solutions for corporate and institutional investors, foundations, family offices and individual accredited investors. Since our start in 2010 as Purpose Capital, we’ve been a trusted leader in the sector.
This internship is being offered as a part of the Good & Well Internship Program. Throughout the summer internship program, Good & Well provides participants with opportunities to work with dynamic, high-potential social ventures as well as to learn from and network with professionals working within the social impact ecosystem in Toronto.
For more information about the Good & Well Internship Program, check out their website: https://www.goodandwell.ca/jobs
Using Rally Assets’ proprietary impact investing framework and process, the Impact Investment Intern will evaluate investments across all asset classes however with more focus on private investments that provide a positive impact to society and align with Rally Assets’ client values and objectives. The role will be extremely hands-on and offers an opportunity to work directly with the firm’s senior leadership team. The successful candidates for this role will have a deep personal commitment and passion for investing that achieves positive societal impact while achieving client financial objectives.
Applicants can expect this role to include the following:
- Identify and research multi-asset class impact investment opportunities, including both public and private market investments
- Support market opportunity research, impact and financial due diligence on targeted investments
- Support population of Rally’s proprietary product database and platform
- Provide analysis and research to advance Rally Assets proprietary impact measurement process and framework
- Attend and participate in fund manager diligence calls and meetings
The ideal candidate must have:
- An authentic commitment to working in a social purpose organization
- Deep interest in and passion about impact investing, social entrepreneurship, social innovation or social finance
- Started a degree in business, finance, economics or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- A record of high academic achievement
- A strong work ethic, commitment to high-quality work, professionalism and attention to detail
- The ability to work in a small, dynamic and supportive team, to exercise good judgment with limited supervision, and to manage time effectively
- Work requirements:
- Enrolled as a student in a Canadian post-secondary program and returning to school in the fall after the internship (graduate programs count)
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or has refugee status
- Prior experience in an investment management, investment banking, or consulting role
- A sense of humour
- Start date: May 9, 2022, with some flexibility if required.
- Compensation: $19.05 an hour, 37.5 hours a week
- Location: Rally’s offices are at 317 Adelaide Street West. Applicants requesting remote working will be considered
Your application should be submitted in ONE pdf document and include the following:
- Resume – no more than one page
- Cover letter – no more than one page, explaining how your skills and experiences will help Rally in this role.
- In a separate section, answers to the Good & Well Questions:
1. What does social impact mean to you? (Maximum 100 words)
2. What will you bring to this role? What do you hope to gain? How does this position fit within your future goals? (Maximum 200 words)
3. Describe a time when you faced a challenge. How did you approach it and what did you learn from that experience? (Maximum 150 words)
Deadline: Sunday, January 16th, 2022, 11:59pm EST
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
Rally Assets Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We actively encourage all applicants to apply regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or Indigenous status. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know via our website. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.