Senior Associate, Business Development
- 141 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON M5H, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Investing is a powerful tool for change. We know it, because for a decade we have been helping investors to bring about social and environmental progress through how and where they invest their assets. And now, as the need and benefit of investing more responsibly becomes mainstream, we are poised and positioned for growth. With our solid track record, highly skilled team and new product and service offerings we are ready to scale. That is where you come in. The Senior Associate, Business Development will support our business development efforts to reach new investors, enter new market segments and build new relationships to help deliver on our strategic priorities.
ABOUT RALLY ASSETS
Rally Assets is an impact investment management and advisory firm. We help investors generate positive social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. We create specialized solutions for corporate and institutional investors, foundations, family offices and individual accredited investors. We are a Portfolio Manager and Exempt Market Dealer registered in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec with the respective provincial securities commissions. Rally is a certified B Corporation. Certified B Corporations meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
Rally Philanthropy is an educational foundation, formed and initially funded by Upkar Arora, CEO of Rally Assets. Through Rally Philanthropy, our goal is to partner with other charitable organizations, nonprofits and other organizations to conduct and deliver research, education and training on impact investing. We do this through projects such as Impact Frontiers (https://impactfrontiers.ca/), OpenImpact (https://www.openimpact.ca/), and Foundation Investing 2.0 (https://impactinvesting.ca/).
The Senior Associate, Business Development will report to the CEO and support the senior leadership team to drive business development. A dreamer and a doer, you understand the big value that comes from paying attention to the little details, enjoy building a case almost as much as building your contacts, can take direction and take charge, and gain satisfaction from helping the team achieve its goals. The successful candidate for this role will have a deep personal commitment and passion for investing that achieves positive societal impact while achieving client financial objectives.
The Senior Associate, Business Development is responsible for contributing to and growing the business development activities. Applicants can expect this role to include the following:
- Engaging in market research and analysis of customer/competitor information to identify opportunities in different market segments
- Supporting development and implementation of the business development strategy
- Collaborating with marketing and communications on market-based strategies to enhance inbound opportunities
- Implementing a goal-driven approach to optimize sales funnel and conversion
- Researching and prospecting potential clients for our advisory, asset management and impact measurement services
- Developing materials throughout the process such as decks, proposals and contracts
- Supporting senior leadership with business development administration - scheduling, follow ups and tracking
- Supporting senior leadership team on sales, business development and strategic partnership opportunities
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experiences and skills:
- At least three years of relevant work experience in a customer or client relationship, sales or business development role
- An understanding of finance, financial markets, investing and business
- Understanding of developing business and revenue streams
- Experience in business analysis, market research or sales strategies
- Strong digital and technology skills, CRM tools and the full Microsoft Suite
- Strong project management experience
- Able to deliver high quality work through strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Experience creating and delivering on a target-based, fixed-time plan
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience
The ideal candidate will have the following personal characteristics:
- Authentic commitment to working in a social purpose organization
- Deeply interested and passionate about impact investing, social entrepreneurship, social innovation or social finance
- Passionate about addressing social and environmental justice
- Comfort in a fast-paced, evolving and self-directed work environment
- Ability to prioritize among competing demands effectively and efficiently
- Humility and a deep interest in continuous learning
- Ability to integrate into a small, closely-knit team that strives to work together and support the development of all its members
- This is a full-time position, based in Toronto, currently working from home.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
- The targeted anticipated start date is May 3, 2021 with some flexibility if required.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and will consist of salary and benefits.
Interested individuals should submit their resume and cover letter in a single PDF by April 18, 2021 with applications considered on a rolling basis. Cover letters should be no more than 1 page and should answer the following question: How would you convince your skeptical financial advisor who has been around for 30 years that impact investing represents the future of investing? Please also indicate where you came across our posting.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Rally Assets Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We actively encourage all applicants to apply regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or Indigenous status. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know via our website. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.