Investment Research Associate - Public & Private
- 141 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON M5H 3L5, Canada
At Rally Assets we believe that shifting capital will change the world. We are a full-service impact investment firm, providing tailored impact investing solutions that allow our clients to align their investments with their values. Trusted by Foundations, Philanthropists, Family Offices, Corporate and Institutional Investors, our team has been at the fore front of impact investing in Canada for nearly a decade, first through Purpose Capital and now as Rally Assets. We support our clients through their impact investing journey, from education and strategy development to implementation*, impact measurement and integrated reporting. Our strategies span the impact investment spectrum and can including both public and private markets, ESG, responsible, philanthropic investing and shareholder engagement. Our multi-disciplinary team brings proven expertise to impact investing. With diverse backgrounds in the corporate, non-profit, and philanthropic sectors we have a unique blend of experience that helps ensure our clients succeed.
Through Rally Philanthropy, we also contribute to research, education and knowledge mobilization that drives awareness and participation in the impact investing sector. We do this through projects such as OpenImpact and the Impact Investing Guidebook for Foundations.
We believe in the promise of “business as a force for good” and are a proudly certified B Corporation.
Rally Assets is seeking an Investment Research Associate to support its Chief Investment Officer in designing customized portfolio strategies across asset classes. Responsibilities include conducting Impact Thematic Research, Public Equity & Debt Fundamental Research, Investment Manager Research, Portfolio Management & Impact Measurement, and Firm Development. The successful candidate for this role will have a deep personal commitment and passion for investing that achieves positive societal impact while achieving client financial objectives.
- Conduct research on impact themes such as climate change, gender equity etc.
- Conduct in-depth industry analysis and research using a variety of resources
- Conduct fundamental & investment manager analysis
- Build company financial models and forecasts
- Prepare investment committee diligence reports and investment recommendations
- Find innovative approaches to research and formulate recommendations on investments
- Frequently review investments for impact progress, performance, and risk issues
- Attend investor meetings as required
- Review overall market news and evaluate market data to assess long-term trends & implications
Portfolio Management & Impact Measurement
- Support the Chief Investment Officer in designing customized portfolio strategies across asset classes, including public and private equity, public and private debt, real estate, and alternatives
- In collaboration with the Impact Measurement team, support the development of impact measurement and reporting tools for both public and private market investments
- Active engagement in department-specific and firm-wide initiatives in order to expand capabilities, create solutions to unmet business needs, improve client experience, or develop more efficient processes. Ability and willingness to contribute to the advancement of team, office and business capabilities. Other duties as required by the position
Skills and Qualifications
- Entrepreneurial in nature, ambitious, with a strong passion towards impact investing and aligning your values with your work
- 3-5 years of experience in fundamental equity/fixed income research, private equity, or investment banking
- Strong research, financial modeling, analytical and valuation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce; advanced degree (MBA)
- CFA completed (or in progress)
- Proficiency in advanced Excel, Bloomberg. Ability to learn new technology quickly
- Strong communication skills, including both verbal presentations and written analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a track record of working effectively with others
- Self-starter with a great deal of initiative
- This is a full-time position based in Toronto. Applicants interested in a long-term, part-time role may also be considered based on their experience.
- The targeted anticipated start date for this position is June 3rd, 2019 with some flexibility if required.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, combining base salary, benefits and performance-based incentives.
- Interested individuals should submit their resume and cover letter in a single document to this online application portal by April 26, 2019.
- Cover letters should be no more than 2 page and should answer the question, “What is your Impact Investing super power, and how will it benefit Rally Assets, our clients, and society?”
- Successful candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Rally Assets Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, and Indigenous status. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Our offices are wheelchair accessible.