Impact Advisory Consultant
- 141 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON M5H 3L5, Canada
At Rally Assets we believe that shifting capital will change the world. We are a full-service impact investment firm, providing tailored impact investing solutions that allow our clients to align their investments with their values. Trusted by Foundations, Philanthropists, Family Offices, Corporate and Institutional Investors, our team has been at the fore front of impact investing in Canada for nearly a decade, first through Purpose Capital and now as Rally Assets. We support our clients through their impact investing journey, from education and strategy development to implementation*, impact measurement and integrated reporting. Our strategies span the impact investment spectrum and can including both public and private markets, ESG, responsible, philanthropic investing and shareholder engagement. Our multi-disciplinary team brings proven expertise to impact investing. With diverse backgrounds in the corporate, non-profit, and philanthropic sectors we have a unique blend of experience that helps ensure our clients succeed.
Through Rally Philanthropy, we also contribute to research, education and knowledge mobilization that drives awareness and participation in the impact investing sector. We do this through projects such as OpenImpact and the Impact Investing Guidebook for Foundations.
We believe in the promise of “business as a force for good” and are a proudly certified B Corporation.
Rally Assets is seeking a Consultant to play a key role in its Impact Investment Advisory practice. Reporting to the Managing Director of Impact Advisory, this individual will be deeply involved in developing this practice area, managing a portfolio of client projects, supporting business development where appropriate, and delivering on the strategic priorities of the firm. The successful candidate for this role will have a deep personal commitment and passion for investing that achieves positive societal impact while achieving client financial objectives.
We are seeking a highly entrepreneurial individual to join our team, with responsibility for contributing to and growing the Investment Advisory practice. Applicants should expect this role to include the following:
- Leading and managing client engagements including mandates for education, strategy, investment theory of change, investment search and due diligence, impact reporting and portfolio management. Such engagements will require accountability for client deliverables, processes, and budget management;
- Leading and supporting client engagements for impact investment market research;
- Identifying and securing prospective clients within the impact investing, financial and philanthropic sectors in North America and globally;
- Continuing to refine and improve our service offering and processes through the ongoing capturing and retention of developed IP and best practices;
- Communicating the firm’s service offerings and market leadership to new networks and partners;
- Developing and implementing strategic priorities and collaborative projects with the firm’s leadership.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in impact investing, financial services, and philanthropy, with experience across more than one of these sectors welcomed;
- Detailed understanding and/or experience in financial advisory and portfolio management is a strong asset, as is consulting experience;
- Experience working with a range of investors such as foundations, families and high net worth individuals, and financial institutions;
- Knowledge and awareness of the motivations, needs and practices of financial and/or philanthropic intermediaries such as fund managers, financial advisors, investment consultants, etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or manage client engagements, including accountability for client deliverables, budgeting and team direction;
- Track record of business development and relationship management, including complementary networks;
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including managing a team, and working with a range of clients and/or stakeholder groups;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal; and,
- Undergraduate degree required; Relevant professional credentials (CFA, CFP, CPA, etc.) and/or a Masters level education strongly welcomed.
The ideal candidate will also have the following personal and professional characteristics:
- Authentic commitment to working in a social purpose organization;
- Deeply interested and passionate about impact investing, social entrepreneurship, social innovation or social finance;
- Comfort in a fast-paced, evolving and self-directed working environment;
- Capacity to work as part of small, dynamic and supportive team including ability to exercise good judgment with limited supervision, and to manage time effectively;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize among competing demands;
- Humility and a deep interest in continuous learning; and,
- Ability to integrate into a small, closely-knit team that strives to work together and support the development of all its members.
- This is a full-time position based in Toronto. Applicants interested in a long-term, part-time role may also be considered based on their experience.
- The targeted anticipated start date for this position is June 3rd, 2019 with some flexibility if required.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, combining base salary, benefits and performance-based incentives.
- Interested individuals should submit their resume and cover letter in a single document to this online application portal by April 26, 2019.
- Cover letters should be no more than 1 page and should answer the question, “What is your Impact Investing super power, and how will it benefit Rally Assets, our clients, and society?”
- Successful candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Rally Assets Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, and Indigenous status. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Our offices are wheelchair accessible.