2183 - Dietary Aide
- 1 Tabor Dr, St. Catharines, ON L2N 1V9, Canada
We are a private, non-profit organization committed to providing top quality accommodations and care to senior citizens. We offer a variety of living arrangements to fit the needs of our residents including, long term care, supportive housing apartments, and wellness suites. We also have a strong mandate to meet their social, physical, health and spiritual needs.
We pride ourselves on our ability to really live our Mission of Excellence, Love and Dignity, both with residents and staff. We provide a work environment where teamwork, staff involvement and personal development are essential for success. Our staff, leadership, and Board are progressive thinkers and supportive of each other. We offer competitive benefits, excellent challenges, and opportunities.
Our Mission: To provide with excellence, love, and dignity a full continuum of affordable housing and services to senior citizens. We serve seniors who wish to live in a community of Christian faith.
Job Posting # 2183
Radiant Care Tabor Manor
Hourly Wage Range: $19.37 - $21.01
Posting Date: November 25, 2021
Please submit your application no later than Thursday, December 2, 2021, at 12:00 pm. Submissions after this deadline will not be accepted.
A thirty (30) hour per pay period, Part-Time Permanent Dietary Aide position is being offered in the Radiant Care Tabor Manor Food Services department. The start date of this position is to be determined.
Line 26. Dietary Staff FTE: 0.4000
Qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to,
- Completion of the Public Health Units Food Safety Awareness program
- Currently enrolled in, or successfully completed the FSW Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of HACCP
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
This posting has been posted within Radiant Care Tabor Manor and externally. Internal applicants will be given priority based on seniority. External candidate selection will be made based on interviews. While we thank each applicant for applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Duties and Responsibilities
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Set-up and cleaning of the dining room for meal service
- Serving meals to residents according to individual diets and preferences as indicated in the Therapeutic spreadsheets and diet profiles
- General kitchen duties; clearing plates and trays; loading and operating the dishwasher; cleaning pots, pans and cooking utensils by hand, as required
- Preparation of AM, PM, HS snacks for residents according to diet types and textures
- Adheres to established department information book, policies, procedures and objectives regarding quality assurance, food safety, environmental and infection control (e.g. regular cleaning and sanitizing of working
surfaces and storage areas, hand washing, equipment operating procedures, etc.)
- Stores groceries in designated areas, including dry storage room, chemical room, fridges, freezers
- Effectively communicates with residents, staff and families
- Provides excellent customer service in a respectful, courteous and pleasant manner
- Works co-operatively with team members
- May receive direction from registered staff during meal service
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision benefits available for a full-time and part-time employee
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with matching employer contribution
- Paid sick days for full-time and part-time employees
- Paid Orientation
- Flexible Scheduling for Casual employees
- Free onsite parking
- Training in Montessori Methods for Dementia Care (Staging environments & engaging residents in meaningful and purposeful activity to enhance the quality of life)
- Affordable access to our Fitness & Wellness Centre
- Paid Covid-19 Vaccination
- Full-time, part-time and casual positions
- Excellent work environment
- Our staff, leadership and Board are progressive and supportive
For more information about our home, please visit our website at: www.radiantcare.net
Radiant Care is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during any aspect of the selection process, please let Human Resources know by phone at (905) 934-2548. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.