Senior Solution Architect, Office 365 - US, Remote
- 1 Fanatical Pl, Windcrest, TX 78218, USA
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work Join us on our mission to build the world’s best technology services company.
As a Solution Architect (SA) you will provide technical designing advice to both new and existing customers in new sales opportunities which fit the defined technical and budgetary requirements and constraints. You will be working alongside Sales, Service Delivery Manager and Support in achieving the segments financial target by designing the perfect solution for our clients challenge. You will accomplish this by identifying, technically qualifying and addressing prospect’s technical requirements by normal consultative methods.
You will apply a specialized product or technical knowledge to serve customers requiring consulting for infrastructure consolidation, transformation, and optimization of Dedicated, Multi-cloud and Modern Workplace Environments.
Utilizing a highly strategic, highly consultative framework with large, complex customers and prospects you will play a key role in aligning customer business strategies and IT architecture via Rackspace products and services whilst working closely with senior leadership of client organizations as well as key technical personnel.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for one or more products or technologies to orchestrate and lead pre and post sales and delivery efforts inclusive of holistic IT optimization, consolidation, and transformation solutions for customers inclusive of discovery, analysis, solution design, and migration.
- Lead facilitation of group white-boarding sessions to articulate Rackspace solutions, transformation methodology, functional separation of customer applications, and development of business case value with financial calculations such as TCO and ROI.
- Aligns and regularly communicates with Project Manager and extended teams during presales and project delivery to ensure timely delivery and awareness of potential problems or risk requiring resolution or mitigation.
- Prepares and develops statements of work inclusive of overview, scope, duration, deliverables, resources, terms and conditions, assumptions, and pricing.
- Lead and deliver the sale of assessment services, business case development, solution architecture, and multi-phased complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process.
- Creates and presents deliverables to customer such as asset inventory, infrastructure snapshot, capacity & performance analysis, consolidation scenarios, application inventory & snapshot, business impact analysis, architecture feasibility analysis, data classification, integration & dependency mapping, consumption & demand analysis, application risk & complexity profile, target platform & service level mapping, migration methodology, schedule & resource planning, target solution design, and executive summary.
- Understand complex IT and business customer challenges and apply technology and product portfolio knowledge to solve problems in a consultative manner.
- Perpetually seek to improve and refine the Rackspace Professional Services methodology, deliverables, sales collateral, and team roles and alignment.
- Build and maintain a network of cross-functional technical resources within Rackspace and across any relative partnerships to allow for higher productivity, increased business, and rapid resolution of problems and escalations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related technical field
- Industry experience in technical support and/or pre or post sales engineering and architecture that typically comes from over 12 years of experience.
- Deep knowledge and experience across multiple technologies in a single domain (Cloud, Security, DevOps, etc).
- Requires exposure to a range of IT environments, industry sectors & technology stacks.
- At least one top tier technical certifications in a highly desired technology domain.
- Extensive managed services, consulting, technical support, and/or application development experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts & technology in order to adapt to constantly changing SaaS platforms.
- Willingness and desire to continuously keep knowledge up to date by earning relevant certifications to specialty domain.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for customer visits or workshops.
- Willingness to occasionally work extended hours in order to meet project requirements or deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory. Solid working knowledge of Exchange, SharePoint, O365 and M365 preferred. Solid knowledge of M365 licensing services and features. Good working knowledge of Powershell.
One or more of the following certifications is desired:
- Office 365
- Microsoft 365
- Windows Server MCSA
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.