Internal Communications Advisor
- 14 Hasler Rd, Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
The racing world is not just exciting, it brings communities together across the state. Racing and Wagering Western Australia (RWWA) is at the centre of this world and more than 24,000 people choose to join us in our quest to forge a sustainable future for racing in WA.
As well as controlling thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing in Western Australia, RWWA operates the TAB which has more than 300 off-course retail outlets, a call centre and online betting services. Our motto is Better Your Bet because increasing profits through Western Australia’s own TAB means better returns for the local racing sector and state-wide communities.
Our business is unique, which means we can offer careers which are interesting, challenging and diverse. Our values are important to us so, to be successful, you’ll have to share them. We are honest, real and positive and we pride ourselves on achieving great outcomes for our customers. We work hard but have fun while we’re doing it. Whatever your passion, our success is a team sport.
As the Internal Communicators Advisor, you will be responsible for providing strategic partnership, expertise, direction, and hands-on support to develop and execute RWWA’s internal communications strategy.
Reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager, you will be focused on supporting effective communication and engagement of our employees and internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of the communications strategy and implementation of organisational change, aligned with the company’s values and aspirational culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with leaders and change program delivery teams to identify requirements and opportunities for communication with internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring employees receive timely and meaningful communication regarding projects, initiatives and changes.
- Planning and preparing content to be deployed across various communication channels.
- In collaboration with Information Services develop RWWA’s intranet infrastructure, providing guidance on intranet content framework, planning, branding and governance processes.
- Drafting communication material and key messaging to support leadership engagement with employees.
- Ensuring internal communications are consistent across multiple platforms and are appropriately aligned with external communications.
- Partnering with the People & Culture team in development and implementation of communication activities to support initiatives to improve engagement, culture and performance.
- Handling internal communications response to crisis situations that may have impact on employee wellbeing, engagement, and performance.
- Monitor feedback and identify trends and themes to inform the continuous improvement of communication methods.
Ideally to be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing communications strategy.
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences.
- Prior management of complex projects and advising senior leaders.
- An ability to effectively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation – writing, speaking, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Tertiary qualification in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing (or similar field), or equivalent relevant experience.
- Join an organisation that is vibrant, fun and diverse
- Osborne Park based office role with remote working options available.
- We don’t just talk about our company values – we live them!
- We support our employees inside and out with our extensive wellness programs
- Make a meaningful contribution to the WA racing industry
- Leave loading, 10% super and a highly active social club
How to apply
Along with your CV, prepare a one-page cover letter telling us why you're a perfect fit for the role and RWWA;
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant