Retail Development Consultant
- 14 Hasler Rd, Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
As well as controlling thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing in Western Australia, RWWA operates the TAB which has more than 300 off-course retail outlets, a call centre and online betting services. Our motto is Better Your Bet because increasing profits through Western Australia’s own TAB means better returns for the local racing sector and state-wide communities.
The TAB is powered by the Bettering Department has transformed how we provide the pinnacle of sporting and racing excellence to our customers through a broad digital and retail portfolio. Our squads include product owners, full stack developers, scrum masters, business analysts, data analysts, UX designers and automation testers that all love what they do. And while we’ve learnt a lot about our customers and how to build the best experiences for them, we have plenty of awesome challenges ahead to ensure we continue to deliver on our vision.
Our business is unique, which means we can offer careers which are interesting, challenging and diverse. Our values are important to us so, to be successful, you’ll have to share them. We are honest, real and positive and we pride ourselves on achieving great outcomes for our customers. We work hard but have fun while we’re doing it. Whatever your passion, our success is a team sport.
Whatever your passion, our success is a team sport.
This is a full-time position initially covering for a twelve-month maternity leave in our Retail Wagering division.
We are seeking a retail development consultant to assist the retail division to oversee and grow the network along with contributing to the professional development of TAB agents and maximising business sales. The role will require travel within WA and some weekend and on-call work.
Ideally to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Extensive experience and proven success operating within a retail and sales network.
- Specific experience in business-to-business direct sales and customer service industries
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to coach and develop Agents and Licensees
- Proven customer service skills
- Well-developed knowledge of sales and promotional activity at a retail level
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of RWWA, the TAB brand, and the racing and wagering industry is desirable
- Ability to fully operate a TAB agency to a competent level would be an advantage
- Ability to effectively manage workload in order to achieve conflicting priorities and strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as autonomously under minimal supervision
- Sound computer literacy skills – Microsoft Office / Windows environment
- Possession of a current motor vehicle driver’s license
- Possession of a relevant tertiary qualification, or equivalent relevant experience
- Work at an organisation that is vibrant, fun and diverse
- We don’t just talk about our company values – we live them!
- We support our employees inside and out with our extensive wellness programs
- Make a meaningful contribution to the WA racing industry
How to apply
Along with your CV, prepare a one-page cover letter telling us why you’re a perfect fit for the role and RWWA