Technical Product Owner
- 300 Conshohocken State Rd, Conshohocken, PA 19428, USA
Product Engineer, Data Science
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, US
RS Energy Group (RSEG) provides industry-leading technology, advanced analytics and applied data science to support and strengthen companies that operate or invest in oil & gas and related markets. RSEG's differentiated approach synthesizes over 20 years of intelligence - interpreting geological, operational and financial data - into comprehensive analytics to help clients allocate capital, evaluate assets, enhance operational efﬁciencies and benchmark performance.
Key values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity- You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions
As a member of the Data Science team, the Product Owner will be interacting with senior level directors and Data Science leads to shape and execute product strategy related to RS Data Science. This role also incorporates hands-on development experience as part of the Data Engineering team.
- Own the development, delivery and maintenance of products/services by leading cross-functional teams.
- Work with Data Specialists, Product Management, Technical Leads, Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to analyze requirements; define, document and prioritize user stories and groom product backlogs.
- Validate product specifications with users/user communities, and perform user acceptance testing.
- Solicit feedback to ensure continued alignment and ensure features delivered meet customer and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to ensure quality delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Adjust priorities as new information is available and business priorities change.
- Communicate with Product Management to define the scope, implementation and value of the RS data product.
- Support the development and deployment of new projects through coding and reviews.
- Promote the use of the latest Data Science and Big Data technologies.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a Product Owner or 2 years of a hands-on technical background (developer, QA) in Agile teams is required.
- Experience providing vision and direction to agile development teams and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements.
- Experience providing backlog management, iteration planning and collaboration of user stories.
- Ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams and stakeholders.
- Passionate about technology and keen observer of the latest trends.
- Knowledge of basic SQL queries
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Undergraduate Degree in related discipline.
- Experience working with a software development team that uses Python and Scala.
What we offer you:
- Health benefits that start day one
- 401k Match with immediate vesting
- Maternity Top-up benefits
- Competitive time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development (think monetary coverage for things like certifications, professional memberships or tech conferences)
- Weekly massages (not kidding!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.
Interested in applying? Visit our page to submit your resume directly to the team!