- 585 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1, Canada
Three years ago, RS Energy Group seized an opportunity to start closing the technology gap in an industry rich with complex data and sparse on valuable analytics. Since then we catapulted our data acquisition framework into an innovative platform that is rooted in the best in class technology, predictive data science workflows, and a unique user experience.
We partner with creative, smart, and agile individuals with the collective goal of developing unique solutions that create enormous value for our clients. We are at the beginning of our product roadmap where our best ideas have always come from relentless innovation and iteration. We will always rely on a lean environment where people are empowered to continue to dictate our path forward.
Find all this hard to believe? Take a look at what our employees have to say here
If you are passionate about pushing boundaries with unique solutions and bringing features to market quickly there’s a boundless future for you on our team!
As a Python Developer, you will work as part of a development squad to design and launch new features in our industry redefining SaaS platform. The key responsibility is to develop production ready code in a scalable and performance manner, complete with unit testing. This includes batch transformations and processes to produce analytics ready datasets, productionizing data science models to run for ad hoc analysis within Docker containers and Kubernetes, and implementing data pipelines through a big data architecture.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience with Python development tools and libraries
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Hands-on experience with databases with a good understanding of SQL concepts and practices
- Firm grasp of Linux usage and shell scripting
- Experience with Git or similar source-control tools
- Proficiency with unit testing and debugging
- Familiarity with OOP and Agile methodologies
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of big data technologies including Spark/Scala/Java
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Understanding with CI/CD
- Expertise with Azure
What we offer you:
- Health and dental benefits that start day one with a HCSA/Wellness option
- Generous Annual RRSP Matching Program
- Maternity top-up benefits
- Competitive time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development (think monetary coverage for things like certifications, professional memberships or tech conferences)
- Bi-weekly massages (not kidding!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.