- 300 Conshohocken Rd, Conshohocken, PA 19428, USA
Platform Architect, Data
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, US
RS Energy Group (RSEG) provides industry-leading technology, advanced analytics and applied data science to support and strengthen companies that operate or invest in oil & gas and related markets. RSEG's differentiated approach synthesizes over 20 years of intelligence - interpreting geological, operational and financial data - into comprehensive analytics to help clients allocate capital, evaluate assets, enhance operational efﬁciencies and benchmark performance.
Key values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity- You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions
Whether you’ve been working in an architecture role or are an experienced developer looking to take your career to the next level, this is opportunity knocking. We’re looking for a passionate and highly technical Junior Architect to join our rapidly growing team. You’ll have the opportunity to explore bleeding edge technology with a focus on big data and distributed processing, work across multiple engineering teams in an advisory and evangelist role and you will help to design and build the next evolution of RS Energy Group’s industry-disrupting Data and Analytics products.
The Platform Architect I bridges the gap between software engineering, data, information technology, and customers with a focus on designing and developing the tools, standards, and governance for building highly scalable data and software products. The Platform Architect I designs and develops frameworks and performs cost/benefit analysis to determine the financial, operational, and technical feasibility of adopting external cloud-based IT platform and infrastructure services, as well as aligns our IT infrastructure with business processes/data to improve the efficiency and productivity of business operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Identify data-related business requirements and service standards (e.g., transaction processing speed, data mining and reporting capabilities, data security, scalability, etc.).
- Map the relationships between information systems components, identifying key interactions and dependencies across separate systems and platforms (i.e., end users, business processes, applications, data, IT platform hardware/software, and networks).
- Optimize overall data/information flow by reducing redundancy and enabling accessibility within security boundaries.
- Perform complex software process definition, requirements analysis, and high-level design/modeling to convert stakeholder needs into software solutions.
- Design and specifying the overall software structure, core elements, and properties by understanding the software requirements, constraints, interfaces, and dependencies.
- Develop the architectural guidelines, specifications, and technical standards, including coding standards, tools, services and platforms related to current and future technological environments.
- Communicate the design of the software architecture to stakeholders and engineers.
- Develop expert level code to be used for a variety of development and architectural initiatives.
What you need to succeed (must haves):
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to independently perform complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication when expressing ideas and processes across teams.
- Proficient understanding of administrative tools for Windows, Linux, and cloud systems.
- Proficient in cloud networking and application security.
- Proficient database development and management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 8 or more years’ experience in a developer role with a focus on architecture for the past 3 or more.
- Ability to travel within US and CAN up to 30% of the time.
Skills that are not required, but will set you apart:
- Experienced with development of distributed workloads using Apache Spark (Unicorns that can use both Scala and PySpark and understand the pros and cons between the two are even better!).
- Troubleshooting and deployments in distributed data environments using Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes
- Experience with codified build and deployment pipelines using Azure DevOps or TeamCity
- Experience with Data Engineering for Data Science ML Models (including PySpark)Experience with Scheduling and Workflow Automation tools such as Airflow, Azkaban, and Azure Automation
What we offer you:
- Health benefits that start day one
- 401k Match with immediate vesting
- Maternity Top-up benefits
- Competitive time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development (think monetary coverage for things like certifications, professional memberships or tech conferences)
- Weekly massages (not kidding!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.
Interested in applying? Visit our page to submit your resume directly to the team!