Data Science Internship
- 585 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1, Canada
RS Energy Group, Inc. (RSEG) is an advanced analytics and technology firm that delivers industry-leading, comprehensive insights to those operating, investing in or servicing the energy space. RSEG’s work environment is positive, supportive, innovative, and dynamic, with interdisciplinary teams focused on leveraging the latest in technology, machine learning, data science and AI. Headquartered in Calgary, RSEG also has offices in Houston, New York and Conshohocken.
ey values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity- You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions.
Are you looking for an internship or co-op where you get be a part of an active and growing Data Science team? Would you love to have a direct impact on the development of our products? If this sounds like the experience you've been looking for, join our Data Science team in our Calgary office.
As part of the Data Science team, you will:
- Troubleshoot errors in data science models
- Support and maintain current production platform
- Participate in performance and stress testing with the development team, tracking performance of models over time (QA/QC)
- Analyze and interpret heterogeneous data
- Participate in scrum planning and daily team stand up
- Compare modelled and actual data to identify areas of improvement
- Release over release outlier analysis
- Work with QA engineer to automate workflows
- Build out and maintain KOPs dashboards
What you need to succeed (must haves):
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated in/with a STEM undergraduate degree
- Self-motivated, task-oriented personality with a strong work ethic and desire to learn
- Curiosity and a passion for the why
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly computer literate with skills in the Microsoft Office suite
Skills that are not required, but will set you apart:
- Oil & Gas experience
- Prior related internship experience
- Programming experience (SQL, Python)
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.