Research Associate, Research
- 585 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1, Canada
Research Associate, Research
Calgary, Alberta, CA
RS Energy Group (RSEG) provides industry-leading technology, advanced analytics and applied data science to support and strengthen companies that operate or invest in oil & gas and related markets. RSEG's differentiated approach synthesizes over 20 years of intelligence - interpreting geological, operational and financial data - into comprehensive analytics to help clients allocate capital, evaluate assets, enhance operational efﬁciencies and benchmark performance.
Key values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity- You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions.
The Research Analyst collaborates with a multidisciplinary team of financial analysts, engineers, geologists, data scientists, developers, and others to produce industry research for institutional investors and corporate clients. An Analyst works to enhance our technology platform and leverage it to interact directly with clients and help answer some of the hardest questions facing industry and investors today.
As part of the Intelligence team, you will:
- Develop specialized financial and forecasting models using SEC filings, investor documents, transcripts, press releases, etc. These models support research publications and are integrated with RSEG’s proprietary technology platform, RS Prism™
• Update, maintain and improve proprietary databases including well completion data, directional surveys, capex data, operational velocity metrics, operator acreage files and gathering/ transportation/ processing costs.
• Aggregate and use public information to identify trends, characterize opportunities and value assets and companies, using internal workflows built in RS Prism™
• Participate in conference calls and in-person meetings with clients and prospects, leveraging or demonstrating RS Intelligence™, RS Core Essentials™ and RS Core™ solutions
What you need to succeed (must haves):
- • Ability to work in flexible/agile work environment
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Skills that are not required, but will set you apart:
- • Professional designation (CFA, MBA, P.Eng., P.Geo)
• Familiarity with data visualization tools (Spotfire, Tableau, PowerBI)
• Experience with programming languages or databases (VBA, Python, SQL)
What we offer you:
- Health and dental benefits that start day one with an HSA/Wellness option
- Generous annual RRSP matching program
- Maternity top-up benefits
- Competitive time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development (think monetary coverage for things like certifications, professional memberships or tech conferences)
- Bi-weekly massages (not kidding!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.