QA Automation Engineer, ETL
- 300 Conshohocken State Rd, Conshohocken, PA 19428, USA
QA Automation Engineer, ETL
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, US
RS Energy Group (RSEG) provides industry-leading technology, advanced analytics and applied data science to support and strengthen companies that operate or invest in oil & gas and related markets. RSEG's differentiated approach synthesizes over 20 years of intelligence - interpreting geological, operational and financial data - into comprehensive analytics to help clients allocate capital, evaluate assets, enhance operational efﬁciencies and benchmark performance.
Key values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity- You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions.
This is not your typical QA Analyst role - this is a technical position! Are you eager to help improve QA automation processes by putting your programming skills to use? Do you like to develop automated tests for validating the results of ETL processes? Do you thrive in a collaborate environment with product owners, data analysts and developers on identifying software defects and validating fixes? Does helping the QA team with designing and creating new automated test scripts and tools sound fun to you? If you get excited about the opportunity to test backend data and related data manipulation for ETL processes, come join our ETL software development team in Conshohocken! This role reports directly to our QA manager.
As part of the ETL team, you will:
- Perform regression, functional and integration testing.
- You will be expected to identify where any of exploratory manual tests could be automated.
- Contribute with new ideas on how to refine our internal practices and collaborate with creating scripts and tools that are adding more value to our tests.
- Put your excellent communications skills to the test - communication is key!
- Be detailed oriented with ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines
What you need to succeed (must haves):
- Solid programming skills in C#
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL and hands-on experience writing SQL queries
- Hands-on experience with Entity Framework and LINQ
Skills that are not required, but will set you apart:
- Experience with deployment tools like Octopus Deploy or Azure DevOps Build Pipelines/Releases.
- Experience with TDD, continuous integration and code review
- Exposure to Scala and Spark
- Exposure to Python, Docker and .NET Core
- Testing framework experience with NUnit or XUnit
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What we offer you:
- Health benefits that start day one
- 401k Match with immediate vesting
- Maternity Top-up benefits
- Competitive time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development (think monetary coverage for things like certifications, professional memberships or tech conferences)
- Weekly massages (not kidding!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.