Senior QA Specialist
- 585 8 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1, Canada
Senior QA Specialist, Technology
Calgary, Alberta, CA
RS Energy Group (RSEG) provides industry-leading technology, advanced analytics and applied data science to support and strengthen companies that operate or invest in oil & gas and related markets. RSEG's differentiated approach synthesizes over 20 years of intelligence - interpreting geological, operational and financial data - into comprehensive analytics to help clients allocate capital, evaluate assets, enhance operational efﬁciencies and benchmark performance.
Key values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity- You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions.
As a Senior QA Specialist you are member of a software development squad responsible for validating and testing the new functionality implemented by your team. You need to collaborate with the developers to effectively test features in our flagship web application. This requires a level of creativity and a desire to understand the workflows of our client base in order to uncover bugs and ensure the functionality of the application to the user. As an expert in the application, you understand what integration points need verification as well as focus on regression testing to ensure that bug fixes or new features do not negatively impact the current product. In addition to your own duties, you spend a portion of your time mentoring junior members of the teams to ensure best practices and help them learn the business.
What you have to offer:
- At least 3+ years of professional testing experience in a Software QA role
- Strong manual testing skills (preferably ISTQB certified). (Exploratory, Integration, System, Regression, Usability testing)
- Familiarity with testing web applications
- Experience with Agile Development
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Experience with bug tracking systems like Jira
- Experience with Test Case Management Systems (Ex- test link)
- Experience with Test Automation
- Experience with code versioning tools
- Exposure to continuous integration tools such as Teamcity
Nice to haves:
- 5 years of professional testing experience
- Familiarity with testing mobile applications
- Agile/Scrum Certification
- Experience with TestLink
- ISTQB Certification
- Exposure to test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, Postman, SOAPUI
- Experience with git and github.
- Performance testing Experience of web applications
What we offer you:
- Health and dental benefits that start day one with an HSA/Wellness option
- Generous annual RRSP matching program
- Maternity top-up benefits
- Competitive time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development (think monetary coverage for things like certifications, professional memberships or tech conferences)
- Bi-weekly massages (not kidding!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.