Senior Data Engineer, Data Science
- 300 Conshohocken State Rd, Conshohocken, PA 19428, USA
Senior Data Engineer, Data Science
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, US
RS Energy Group (RSEG) provides industry-leading technology, advanced analytics and applied data science to support and strengthen companies that operate or invest in oil & gas and related markets. RSEG's differentiated approach synthesizes over 20 years of intelligence - interpreting geological, operational and financial data - into comprehensive analytics to help clients allocate capital, evaluate assets, enhance operational efﬁciencies and benchmark performance.
Key values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity- You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions.
Would it excite you to help us build a distributed data science platform with the opportunity to learn cutting edge technologies like Spark, Kubernetes, and Dask? Would you like to work on some of the most interesting challenges in the industry as part of an active and growing Data Science team? If this sounds like you, join our data science team in Conshohocken.
As part of the data science team, you will:
- Design and build infrastructure to integrate data from various sources by working directly with Data Scientists and Software Developers.
- Create automated production pipelines to run data science models and build the tools to monitor their progress and ensure their completion.
- Design and build pipelines to monitor machine learning models performance and inform optimization strategies.
- Evaluate the technical trade-offs of tools to build simple, yet robust, architectures that survive hardware failures.
- Build scalable, integrated and automated systems in compliance with Dev team data models.
- Promote the use of the latest Data Science and Big Data technologies.
- Help build a brand-new data science platform.
What you need to succeed (must haves):
- Experience with containerization and Docker
- Cloud based environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Linux
Skills that are not required, but will set you apart (we will train!):
- Kubernetes deployments and Helm. Knowledge of Kubernetes production services such as Ingress, Prometheus, Grafana, and Elasticsearch are nice to have.
- Experience developing with big data platforms like Apache Spark, Apache Beam, or Apache Flink.
- Experience with Big Data or Container Pipeline/Workflow tools (e.g. Airflow, Kubeflow)
- Some DevOps experience such as CI/CD. (e.g. Jenkins/TeamCity/Travis/VSTS)
- Python development experience
What we offer you:
- Health benefits that start day one
- 401k Match with immediate vesting
- Maternity Top-up benefits
- Competitive time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development (think monetary coverage for things like certifications, professional memberships or tech conferences)
- Weekly massages (not kidding!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.