Lead Software Engineer, ETL
- 300 Conshohocken State Rd, Conshohocken, PA 19428, USA
Lead Software Engineer, ETL
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, US
RS Energy Group (RSEG) provides industry-leading technology, advanced analytics and applied data science to support and strengthen companies that operate or invest in oil & gas and related markets. RSEG's differentiated approach synthesizes over 20 years of intelligence - interpreting geological, operational and financial data - into comprehensive analytics to help clients allocate capital, evaluate assets, enhance operational efﬁciencies and benchmark performance.
Key values to the RSEG culture:
- Collaboration and Teamwork- You thrive in an environment that supports effective team work and collaboration by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Job Knowledge- You have the drive to be the best at what you do. RSEG will support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge with your team.
- Quality of Work- You are passionate about what you do and every detail counts.
- Customer Centric-You prioritize the needs of your internal and external clients. You are constantly thinking “How will this affect the customers I work with?”
- Communication- You recognize that active listening is just as important as clearly communicating your message. This is key to our collaborative and transparent environment.
- Respect – You believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and outside of RSEG.
- Reliability –You are someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity- You are honest and ethical in all of your relationships and decisions.
Do you have a strong commercial software development background in Microsoft technologies? Does working for an organization that is passionate about keeping its products and personnel technically relevant sound exciting to you? Does designing, building, and maintaining high performance, scalable back-end data transformation processes sound like what you're looking for? In this role, you would also have the opportunity to be a hands-on leader for a team of 5 to 6 software engineers! If this is the opportunity you've been looking for, keep reading! This role reports directly to the Director of Software Development.
As part of the ETL team, you will:
- Mentor, support and evaluate software engineers
- Plan, participate in, and promote learning opportunities for direct reports
- Promote and enforce SDLC processes including task management, code management, security practices and coding standards
- Participate in recruiting and technical interviews for job candidates
- Design, write and implement reusable, testable, and efficient code for low-latency, high-availability, and performant enterprise applications
- Integration of backend data storage including relational database, key-value storage and document/blob stores
- Evaluate and enhance business requirements
- Analyze and interpret heterogeneous data
What you need to succeed (must haves):
- 6+ years of software development proficiency using C# and .Net framework
- 1+ years of database development using relational databases (T-SQL)
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- Proficiency in git-based code versioning tool
- Familiarity with Windows development environment
- Experience maintaining and manipulating large data sets
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind building scalable applications
- Excited about modern software development approaches
Skills that are not required, but will set you apart:
- .Net Core
- Unit test development
- Data analysis
- Scrum and agile practices
- Experience with high volume data, big data and cloud-based technologies
- Experience solving complex business problems with technology, not just simple CRUD operations
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming model and APIs
- Bachelor of Science/Computer Science
What we offer you:
- Health benefits that start day one
- 401k Match with immediate vesting
- Maternity Top-up benefits
- Competitive time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development (think monetary coverage for things like certifications, professional memberships or tech conferences)
- Weekly massages (not kidding!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people.