Executive Project Director - NSW State Government Sector
- Sydney NSW, Australia
RPS are looking to expand our NSW Government project and program management portfolio. RPS’s Project Management team already work with NSW Government clients such as TfNSW, SINSW, Tafe, Health Infrastructure and Department of Communities & Justice, however, seek to add density and to diversify further into the NSW Government sector.
As such, RPS seek applications from highly experienced and well-connected Sydney-based Project Directors with extensive experience in winning and delivering large facility projects for the NSW State Government, to lead the growth of our project and program management services in this sector.
You will enjoy working with RPS if you are committed to a career in Project Management which offers you scope, autonomy, challenge, collaboration and a place at the front line on projects. We are offering you the opportunity to be part of our continued success, providing you with a challenging and rewarding role where your efforts will be recognised.
This role will have state-wide coverage and require you to have significant experience in successfully leading and delivering large, complex projects, exceptional leadership skills with strong and trusted relationships in the industry. This will be further supported by demonstrated experience in contract, finance and resource management.
- Key functions and responsibilities of this position include:
- Business development and tender management
- Technical advisory and project leadership
- Client service delivery and project and program management
- Resource planning and financial management
- Leadership and people management.
- Experience delivering large complex projects for NSW government
- Thorough working knowledge of GC21 contract
- At least 10 years demonstrated client-side experience
- Significant experience and strong technical competency in property project and program management
- Demonstrated abilities in business strategy, planning, marketing, client engagement, business development and growth within a business
- Exceptional financial and contract management abilities
- A strong understanding and proven experience in managing construction contracts and contract administration
- A strong understanding and proven experience with a range of delivery methodologies including Fully Documented / Fixed Lump Sum and Design and Construct
- Proven design management and stakeholder management experience
- Superior communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and manage and grow business relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and articulate technical issues in plain English to non-technical audiences
- A Diploma or Bachelor level qualification (Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or similar)
- AIPM Certified Practicing Project Director certification would be advantageous.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & well-being:
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Well-being benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
If you are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can be mentored and further grow and develop under the guidance and support of industry experts, please include a brief CV and cover letter addressing the criteria above, and apply today!
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.