Expressions of Interest - Field Ecologist
- Newcastle NSW, Australia
RPS is a leading global professional services firm with 5200 staff in 125 countries. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
We stand out for our clients by using deep expertise to solve problems that matter, making them easy to understand and by being easy to work with.
Our Newcastle office is looking for expressions of interests for a Casual Field Ecologist to provide support to the environment team. Your role will be to assist field flora, fauna and ecological surveys and reporting for a diverse range of projects. You will assist in the compilation of information on terrestrial ecology, in both coastal and inland environments, for monitoring, research and impact assessment projects. While not essential, skills in GIS, aquatic ecology, soils or entomology would be viewed favourably.
- Assist with field surveys including terrestrial flora and fauna, and aquatic surveys
- Project preparation, desktop research and data entry
- Assistance with reporting
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Natural Resources or related field.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in either an environmental consultancy or the public sector including undertaking ecological/ environmental surveys and report production.
- Sound flora and fauna identification skills.
- Sound report writing and computer skills.
- Comprehensive interpersonal and relationship building skills.
This casual opportunity will allow you to continue to develop your knowledge and experience within the environmental field whilst being recognised as a key contributor to various existing and future projects throughout NSW.
RPS defines, designs and manages Australia and Asia Pacific region’s most successful infrastructure, development and resources projects. We are leaders, advocates, facilitators and advisors. We are leading minds, solving complexity.