Manager, Retention & Renewals
- Denver, CO, USA
We don’t wait for the future. We create it.
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hospitality and technology company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services.
Innovation has fueled our company's repositioning and growth for the last two years - it's what is going to propel us forward. We value passion, innovative thinking, hard work, fortitude and a sense of urgency. The driver behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brands, and the game-changing technology we bring to the hospitably market is our people that make RLH well…RLH!
At RLH, we pride ourselves on the amazing new brands we built. One of the drivers behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brands, and the game changing innovation we bring to the hospitality industry is the people that make RLH well, RLH. The Manager Retention & Renewals fosters brand equity, and net unit growth. The position improves the net present value of franchisee license agreements by developing and implementing strategies and tactics to increase owner retention performance and contract renewals.
- Hotel Owners, Operators & Management Companies
- RLHC Shareholders, Franchise Operations, Franchise Development
- Achieves RLHC franchisee retention objectives by developing and implementing effective strategies and tactics, proactively selling the RLHC value proposition to positively influence net unit growth.
- Coordinates retention-fostering sales tactics with other RLH departments, including potential renegotiation of franchise license agreements.
- Increases the net present value of RLH license agreements by effectively negotiating license agreement renewals.
- Conducts Operations hotel retention and termination administration, reporting, and hotel post-termination support.
- The position requires customer lifecycle account management skills to foster positive hotel owner sentiment and advocacy for our brands. Tracks and records all property engagements and correspondence using the RLH CRM account management program.
- Effectively manages multiple issues, prioritizes and maintains the organization and resolution to all unresolved issues, and ensures effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Socializes best practices with Franchise Operations and Franchise Development team members to foster improvement in license agreement value.
- Leads and/or participates in department business and process improvement projects.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, and agencies.
- Attends all required department meetings and training events.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by Franchise Operations leadership.
- Experienced. 4+ years in a hotel operations management position and/or relevant hospitality franchising organization. Relevant B2B sales experience strongly preferred.
- An exceptional communicator & negotiator. You have excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to listen and empathize with others, convey confidence, and provide exemplary levels of service. There are times when you may have to engage with challenging owners and operators. The position requires you to understand how to communicate professionally, courteously, and tactfully with such individuals as well as the public and co-workers.
- Technically Proficient. Proficient knowledge of desktop productivity tools including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, electronic scheduling and e-mail systems and CRM account management systems.
- Organized. Highly organized and demonstrate success as a self-starter and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines. You must have the ability to multi-task across different disciplines and time zones utilizing multiple forms of communication including email, telephone, and written correspondence.
- Passionate. You deliver friendly, professional and hospitable customer support, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible. You know that most day’s working time is consistent, but you’re flexible as needed to support the business and your teammates. You have the ability to engage in infrequent travel.
- Resourceful. You are constantly seeking ways to accomplish work efficiently and effectively, socializing best practices with teammates and supervisors.
- A Self-Starter. You are proactive in designing and implementing effective retention processes, accomplishing goals and achieve business objectives individually, and with a team.
- Results-oriented. You make things happen and have a proven track record of driving change.
- Nice. We only hire extremely nice people.
At RLH Corp, we give our associates a chance to do meaningful work, believe in accountability, and make the work we do count. We understand that our successes are due to our incredible people who embody the spirit of our core values:
- Act with heart
- Do the right thing
- Be adventurous
- Live authentically
- Embody grit
- Lift as one
- Pursue excellence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline