Director - Distribution & Channel Management
- Denver, CO, USA
We don’t wait for the future. We create it.
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hospitality and technology company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services.
Innovation has fueled our company's repositioning and growth for the last two years - it's what is going to propel us forward. We value passion, innovative thinking, hard work, fortitude and a sense of urgency. The driver behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brands, and the game-changing technology we bring to the hospitably market is our people that make RLH well…RLH!
- Lead the execution of RLH Corp’s channel management, distribution and reservation strategy on behalf of 1,400 hotels across North America
- Act as business leader of critical sales and distribution systems: Central Reservation Systems (CRS), Internet Booking Engine (IBE), Global Distribution Systems (GDS), Online Travel Agent systems (OTA) and other reservation / management systems and partners
- Partner with leaders across the company to develop and hone RLH Corp’s distribution strategy
- Build and maintain relationships with OTA accounts to capture market share for each property and brand in the RLH Corp portfolio of hotels to drive revenue and lower costs
- Work and communicate with hotel representatives and Franchise Operations as needed to ensure the hotel’s success
- Develop processes and procedures to generate revenue streams through RLH Corp connectivity / distribution partners
- Analyze and report statistics for GDS and OTA information for C-Level team members
- Support and collaborate with Revenue Management, Sales, Digital, Loyalty and Partnership teams in distribution-related projects and initiatives
- Manage and develop a team of direct reports all operating within the Distribution function
- Utilize data and analytics to identify and deliver on opportunities for process and system improvements; ensure team is exceeds key measures of success
- Develop key process changes and build a system-agnostic distribution team to increase productivity, efficiency and to support teams with revenue generating initiatives
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create Signature Moments for our guests.
- For Management Positions: Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an active leadership role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hospitality, reservation and distribution related practices and channels
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Project Management skills a must
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools used for reporting and analytics
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills a must
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with hotel representatives and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
At RLH Corp, we give our associates a chance to do meaningful work, believe in accountability, and make the work we do count. We understand that our successes are due to our incredible people who embody the spirit of our core values:
- Act with heart
- Do the right thing
- Be adventurous
- Live authentically
- Embody grit
- Lift as one
- Pursue excellence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.