Director - Revenue Strategy
- Denver, CO, USA
We don’t wait for the future. We create it.
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hospitality and technology company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services.
Innovation has fueled our company's repositioning and growth for the last two years - it's what is going to propel us forward. We value passion, innovative thinking, hard work, fortitude and a sense of urgency. The driver behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brands, and the game-changing technology we bring to the hospitably market is our people that make RLH well…RLH
RLH Revenue Team Overview:
Under new leadership, RLH’s revenue team is embarking on an expansive journey to become one of the most advanced top-line teams in the industry. Equipped with powerful technology, engaged leadership and a culture that drives one to grow his or her skillset each day, RLH is a place for driven individuals with an appetite for innovation and the grit to build something remarkable.
What you’ll do:
- You will report to the Senior Corporate Director, Revenue Strategy and collaborate with the department’s leadership team.
- You will be a trusted adviser to your team and will be assigned a portfolio of hotels in order to provide revenue strategy support as well as advice over sales and marketing elements.
- Your portfolio may change, rotate or be re-assigned and so personal flexibility is key.
- Properties span all marketplaces nationally and moderate travel is expected (approximately 20%).
Core Skillset requirements:
- Proven aptitude for all things hotel revenue management including: segmentation, distribution, connectivity, pricing, yielding, market demand, benchmarking, displacement, forecasting, budgeting, P&L analysis, overbooking, packaging, upselling.
- Senior Manage of greater experience in Full Service hotels with multiple revenue outlets.
- Comprehensive understanding of hotel sales and marketing functions not limited to: wholesale, corporate negotiated, qualified, group, catering, meeting space optimization, GDS advertising.
- Working knowledge of data analytics systems/reports: Excel, Tableau, Power BI, Google Analytics, Star, TravelClick BI, alternative RMS systems/tools.
- Thorough understanding of social and digital marketing technology.
- Experience in building professional templates, SOP’s and Power Points.
Soft Skillset requirements:
- Gravity for sound process and business management.
- Self-discipline to operate effectively and autonomously.
- Flexibility, grace under pressure, and a sense of humor.
- Strong empathy for colleagues and skillsets of varied levels.
- Passion for re-inventing revenue strategy.
- Enthusiastic and creative leadership with the ability to inspire others and gain buy-in.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and vision for prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and define issues, evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills appropriately tailored to the target audience.
- Great story-teller/presenter able to articulate and convey technical concepts to a mixed audience at all levels of management. #tellmethenarrative
- Go-getter who takes the initiative to get things done.
- Bachelor’s degree in Econ, stats, math, finance focuses or 4+ years of experience in hotel revenue management or closely aligned discipline(s). Minimum Senior Manager experience preferred.
At RLH, we give our associates a chance to do meaningful work, believe in accountability, and make the work we do count. We understand that our successes are due to our incredible people who embody the spirit of our core values:
- Act with heart
- Do the right thing
- Be adventurous
- Live authentically
- Embody grit
- Lift as one
- Pursue excellence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.