Business Development Manager - (Greater Atlanta Area)
- Atlanta, GA, USA
We don’t wait for the future. We create it.
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hospitality and technology company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services.
Innovation has fueled our company's repositioning and growth for the last two years - it's what is going to propel us forward. We value passion, innovative thinking, hard work, fortitude and a sense of urgency. The driver behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brands, and the game-changing technology we bring to the hospitably market is our people that make RLH well…RLH!
Interact with prospective owners via phone and in-person as a road warriors for RLH Corp’s Upper Scale Brands (USB) and Signature Brand. This person will effectively develop relationships with clientele by following up on referrals and outreach initiatives.
*Please note that this position requires travel 4-5 days per week within your territory to visit prospective owners on site*
- Discover the needs of prospective owners through a series of questions/discussion and utilize the information to customize the sales presentation.
- Establish trust during the warm up, discovery, and intent statement and build rapport with customer while explaining the benefits of joining the RLH family of brands.
- Present to customers in a manner that effectively utilizes the elements of the sales process.
- Follow up customer interaction with email, phone, or mail correspondence and facilitate use of the franchise development team.
Building and Maintaining Customer Base
- Answer owner questions regarding RLH brands and support services; make recommendations given the background information obtained on the owner through discovery.
- Fulfill requests from owners or prospective owner regarding additional information and contacts.
- Develop and maintain records on customer contacts and use that information to support effective follow-up encounters. Follow up on referrals and traces.
- Report and provide analysis on sales campaigns to help development team and leadership understand progress in order drive maximum value.
- Use available Customer Relationship Management system to maintain accounts of interactions and follow up with owners as necessary.
- Desire and ability to travel 4-5 days per week.
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all day with minimum of one (1) year in similar position in outbound call center or related sales experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers - determining best approach to get to the decision maker
- Proven experience in sales specifically prospecting and qualifying new business opportunities
- Eager to expand company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Solid understanding of company services and its position in the industry
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and be a self-starter
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and have familiarity with other systems such as marketing automation, content management systems and CRM systems
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- Able to pass a criminal background check
At RLH Corp, we give our associates a chance to do meaningful work, believe in accountability, and make the work we do count. We understand that our successes are due to our incredible people who embody the spirit of our core values:
- Act with heart
- Do the right thing
- Be adventurous
- Live authentically
- Embody grit
- Lift as one
- Pursue excellence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.