- Atlanta, GA, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Solicit the corporate, SMERFE, sports, government, tour and travel, and association markets on behalf of the property in which the Sales Manager is employed.
- Lead generation and bookings of the other RLH Hotels in the chain and the base property.
- Act as liaison between the company’s Marketing and Advertising team, located in the RLH corporate offices, and the staff and management of the property in which the Sales Manager is employed, by orchestrating and implementing all promotional programs.
- Achieve a monthly personal room and revenue sales goal.
- Solicit sales through local sales calls as well as out of town sales trips.
- Attend local, state, and regional trade shows.
- Represent the property in the form of membership in industry organizations.
- Assist in the management of the Sales Department personnel: interviewing, selection, training, evaluation and termination.
- Maximize and manage yield, occupancy and ADR of hotel business is major sales effort of position.
- May at times be needed to serve as a Transportation Agent to facilitate transportation needs of guests (or supplies) in lieu of a dedicated Transportation Agent at the hotel, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create Signature Moments for our guests.
- Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of hotel sales experience.
- Knowledge in all aspects of hotel operations and industry standards.
- Previous management experience
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems. Copy and scanning.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of a group of employees
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- There are times when you may have to deal with an unhappy person; you do need to know how to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
- Valid driver’s license
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.