- Denver, CO, USA
We don’t wait for the future. We create it.
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hospitality and technology company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services.
Innovation has fueled our company's repositioning and growth for the last two years - it's what is going to propel us forward. We value passion, innovative thinking, hard work, fortitude and a sense of urgency. The driver behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brands, and the game-changing technology we bring to the hospitably market is our people that make RLH well…RLH!
The A/R Specialist will help to ensure prompt collection of receivables. This includes contacting customers and collecting assigned receivables, ensuring customer payments have been applied accurately, recommending or elevating customer issues to ensure prompt payment is received, performing special projects, analyses, updating collection notes in excel for bi-weekly A/R meetings and other duties as requested.
What you'll do:
- Work with Property Owners and General Managers on collection process. Collect assigned receivables in a prompt manner following procedures and achieving positive results.
- Ensure the accuracy of customer contact information including best method of contact and documentation of contact history and most recent contact.
- Gain an understanding of each element billed to the customer; be able to answer customer inquiries as to the validity of the billing.
- Recommend and prepare documentation for debit / credit memos for approval after ensuring its validity. Create packet of backup information to support the credit memo. Submit to Accounting for posting and once posted to customer record, communicate the debit/credit to the customer.
- Gain an understanding of the TACS environment; assist customers and answer inquiries.
- Gain an understanding of Central Pay and the Owner’s Portal and answer customer inquiries.
- Maintain and dispose of documents securely per PCI standards relevant to any credit card or bank information transmitted. Identify problems such as credit card expirations and resolve with customers (through communication with cash management group).
- Run aging reports weekly and call all customers past due in accordance with A/R collection procedures.
- Ensure all account balances appear correct and perform any research as necessary to ensure balance and application of payments are accurate.
- Ability to propose meaningful payment plan solutions for management review.
- Prepare follow up lists weekly relative to bi-weekly meeting action items.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work with and understand financial accounting systems, specifically Great Plains.
- Proficient in MS Office, Teams, and Dynamics.
- Microsoft Excel experience to include work with formulas, data analysis, etc.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to identify areas needing improvement.
- and reporting figures and facts accurately when reporting.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- Behave with integrity and honesty with customers and co-workers.
- Develop effective working relationship with co-workers, managers, and outside representatives.
At RLH Corp, we give our associates a chance to do meaningful work, believe in accountability, and make the work we do count. We understand that our successes are due to our incredible people who embody the spirit of our core values:
- Act with heart
- Do the right thing
- Be adventurous
- Live authentically
- Embody grit
- Lift as one
- Pursue excellence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.