Head of Product Management - Digital Channel Products
- Denver, CO, USA
About RLabs, Inc.
RLabs, Inc., is a subsidiary of Red Lion Hotels Corporation (RLHC, NYSE: RLH). RLabs provides technology products and services that enable hotel owners and operators to engage with their guests across the travel decision-making process.
Today, RLHC and its franchising subsidiaries, Red Lion Hotels Franchising, Inc. and Red Lion Hotels Canada Franchising, Inc., are our largest customers with over 1,300 hotels combined. RLabs also provides a full suite of hospitality technology products and services to independent hotels through Canvas, a fast-growing business vertical within RLabs with domestic U.S. and international expansion opportunities.
What you’ll do:
The Digital Channel Product team is responsible for RLabs’ digital properties and experiences ranging from web, ecommerce to post-sale interactions. We are looking for a Director and Head of eCommerce Product Management who will be responsible for defining and executing the overarching product direction and strategy for all customer-facing websites starting with redlion.com. Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, this leadership role will conceptualize, create and deploy features and ecommerce experiences utilized by millions of travelers. The right individual will be technically oriented. She/He exemplifies founder’s mindset and is excited to disrupt and re-build the online booking and travel management experience from scratch.
- Define overall strategy, product roadmap and technical/feature specifications for new and existing products based on long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends, and platform capabilities.
- Own and manage product life cycle from inception through to execution, and productization
- Lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers and product metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage on our digital channels
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements, and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Contribute to new product design and positioning by drafting product vision, requirements document for new products, and develop overall user experience
- Optimizing conversion rate, revenue and other key success to identify and quantify the impact of changes to the products through A/B and multi-variate testing.
- Provide oversight of all phases of the product development lifecycle, including analysis, design, testing and introduction of new digital assets to the market. Review and prepare concise product requirements, including user stories, mock-ups and user experience specifications
- Maintain one unified backlog for digital. Drive prioritization of requirements and in partnership with Engineering ensure development resources are focused on the highest value items on the product roadmap
- Manage the web and store operations including product catalog updates, content publishing and campaign deployment
- Provide ongoing recommendation in partnership with Engineering on platform evolution by continually evaluating current and emerging technology platforms across the Digital landscape including platforms related to web, mobile, content, personalization and beyond
- Work with internal engineering teams to ensure adherence to product release schedules and the overall roadmap
- Identify gaps or conflicts in requirements, manage risks and UAT defects and drive towards resolution
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders (Engineering, Marketing, Revenue Management and Customer Experience) on opportunities and challenges associated with performance to optimize performance goals – leading and advocating for workstreams within and outside Digital Commerce.
- BS degree in a technology-related field
- 5-8 years’ proven experience in building and shipping web and/or eCommerce products with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development and launch
- You have knowledge of the Internet, emerging web technologies and community building
- Proven communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace
- Outstanding project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into simple, concise statements and core messages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to champion initiatives internally and externally. Ability to communicate with executives and external partner
At RLabs, we give our associates a chance to do meaningful work, believe in accountability, and make the work we do count. We understand that our successes are due to our incredible people who embody the spirit of our core values:
- Act with heart
- Do the right thing
- Be adventurous
- Live authentically
- Embody grit
- Lift as one
- Pursue excellence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.