Front Desk Supervisor
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Participate in the establishment and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Participate in the selection, training, supervision, scheduling, development, discipline, and counseling of associates at the Front Desk of the Hotel.
- Confer, coordinate, and cooperate with other department managers to ensure coordination of Hotel activities and events.
- Monitor and direct the Front Desk personnel to ensure the service being provided exemplifies the RLH standards of service.
- The ability to achieve a monthly departmental loyalty program goal, through the promotion of the program.
- May at times be needed to serve as a Transportation Agent to facilitate transportation needs of guests (or supplies) in lieu of a dedicated Transportation Agent at the hotel, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create Signature Moments for our guests.
- Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge of front office policies and procedures, reservations, security, accounts receivable.
- Understanding of front office accounting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Ability to defuse a potential problem situation confidently.
- 3 Years of experience in front office preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- There are times when you may have to deal with an unhappy person; you do need to know how to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.