Sr. Manager - SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
- Denver, CO, USA
We don’t wait for the future. We create it.
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hospitality and technology company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services.
Innovation has fueled our company's repositioning and growth for the last two years - it's what is going to propel us forward. We value passion, innovative thinking, hard work, fortitude and a sense of urgency. The driver behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brands, and the game-changing technology we bring to the hospitably market is our people that make RLH well…RLH!
The Sr. Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting will be responsible for preparation of our quarterly Form 10-Qs and annual Form 10-Ks to be filed with the SEC. In addition, this team member will collaborate with our Senior Director of Technical Accounting to assist with research and documentation of applicable technical accounting topics.
In this role you will:
- Prepare quarterly and annual SEC filings
- Prepare and organize quarterly SEC reporting calendar
- Manage flow of supporting documentation from various parts of the company
- Coordinate with external auditors
- Prepare other ad hoc standalone filings (401(k), debt reporting, etc.)
- Assist in researching relevant accounting topics and new accounting standards to determine the appropriate treatment under GAAP
- Prepare technical memorandums to support accounting conclusions as needed
- Provide support for any ad hoc projects as needed
- CPA license
- 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience with SEC reporting
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical accounting topics and SEC regulations
- Experience with a SOX 404 internal control environment
- Strong proficiency with computer applications, experience with Workiva (Wdesk) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work a cyclical schedule
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with fellow associates
- Bachelor’s Degree
At RLH Corp, we give our associates a chance to do meaningful work, believe in accountability, and make the work we do count. We understand that our successes are due to our incredible people who embody the spirit of our core values:
- Act with heart
- Do the right thing
- Be adventurous
- Live authentically
- Embody grit
- Lift as one
- Pursue excellence
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.