- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Primarily responsible for the accounts receivable billing process and related general ledger accounting for franchise owners.
- Prepare invoices for monthly services and coordinate with collectors and cash receipts accountants.
- Prepare account reconciliations for related general ledger accounts.
- Prepare Sales Tax accruals--B&O and sales tax return for RLH Franchising.
- Develop new scalable systems and processes that allow the franchise accounting team to increase capacity to match new franchise offerings of RLHC.
- Integrate all franchise acquisitions into RLHC systems and processes.
- Develop and monitor internal accounting controls.
- Assist senior management in the analysis of actual results, budgets and forecasts of the franchised hotels.
- Communicate with collectors and franchise locations for support with invoicing.
- Review new franchise agreements for appropriate accounting treatment and coordinate with franchise legal department.
- Continually seek opportunities for improvement. Proactive in providing strategic insight and solutions.
- Participate actively and positively in meetings. Assist with other corporate needs requested by the Franchise Accounting Manager.
- Have passion for service; like taking care of others; and provide that friendly above and beyond service to your customers.
- Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- The listed items may not be the only duties performed in this position - there will be other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- You are able to multi-task, follow-through and prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- You can connect honestly and openly with your guests and your team.
- You can develop effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- There are times when you may have to deal with an unhappy person; you do need to know how to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.