Senior Director of Corporate Accounting
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Manage overall department KPI’s. Establish meaningful KPI’s, set stretch goals and enable the team to meet or exceed those goals. Monitor progress and allocate resources to hit all targets.
- Manage the financial statement close process. Ensure the process adheres to a timeline that supports timely analysis of results. Identify and execute on opportunities to accelerate the close process.
- Directly supervise approximately five individuals in the accounting department, indirectly supervise approximately ten. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. Provide oversight to corporate accounting, accounts payable and cash management, fixed assets, billing, accounts receivable, and cash application, as well as other processes as assigned.
- Supervise the preparation of corporate accounting transactions related to acquisitions, divestitures, and other changes in the company’s structure.
- Work with IT and collaborate across all business groups to assess and implement or improve processes and systems.
- Provide oversight of maintenance of the chart of accounts (COA) ensuring it is reflective of the business environment, efficiently constructed and always up to date; processing and documenting all changes.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit and Accounting Department team members to maintain the internal control environment, ensuring the company complies with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley and internal accounting policies.
- Understand and ensure adherence to company-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors. Ensure information is accumulated and assembled for audits.
- Provide information to assist in development of Audit Committee presentations.
- The listed items may not be the only duties performed in this position - there will be other duties as assigned.
- BS or Masters degree in Accounting.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Great Plains and Blackline preferred.
- Able to prioritize, delegate, and follow-through to meet deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with senior management and other personnel throughout the company.
- Develop effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- Able to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.