- Appleton, WI, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
Provide prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations, changes, and cancellations in accordance with established standards and/or scripts. Respond to and provide information on hotel services, local attractions, travel directions, etc.
· Book guest reservation for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or form within the hotel in accordance with established standards and scripts using the hotel reservation from the sales, reservations center or travel agencies/wholesalers. Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
· Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize hotel average room rate; utilized yield management strategies to ensure a full house when ever possible. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out period.
· Process cancellations, revisions and information updates on changes; process guest reservation requests for other hotels within the reservation system.
· Provide accurate information about the city and the surrounding attractions when by guests; mail hotel-specific information sheets and brochures to guests as requires.
· Stay abreast of current rates, rate changes and all promotions; assist in rooms forecasting. Complete daily logs according to established procedures.
· Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
· Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Notify sakes of any group bookings.
· May assist with other duties as assigned such running daily reports, e.g. the cancellation, booking, or arrival reports.
Basic reading, writing and math skills and six months experience as a reservationist or front desk agent. High school or equivalent preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other Languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Speak and listening usually while sitting
· Use a keyboard to type in reservations information
· Communications skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, clients and employees.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when reviewing and processing guest reservations or daily reports
· Basic mathematical abilities are used some of the time.
· May be required to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.