Corporate Accounting Manager
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Manage daily operations within the corporate accounting function which includes internal financial reporting, general ledger accounting and account reconciliation review, intercompany reconciliations, fixed assets, and compliance with internal controls.
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of corporate accounting transactions related to acquisitions, divestitures, and other changes in the company’s structure.
- Participate in the month-end close process including adherence to close and reporting deadlines, a focus on optimizing process and completeness, and accuracy of the Company’s financial statements.
- Directly supervise two individuals in the accounting department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Work with IT and collaborate across all business groups to assess and implement or improve processes and systems.
- Responsible for chart of accounts (COA) ensuring it is reflective of the business environment, efficiently constructed and always up to date; processing and documenting all changes.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit and Accounting Department team members to maintain the internal control environment, ensuring the company complies with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley and internal accounting policies.
- Understand and ensure adherence to company-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors. Ensure information is accumulated and assembled for audits.
- Provide information to assist in development of Audit Committee presentations.
- The listed items may not be the only duties performed in this position - there will be other duties as assigned.
- BS or Masters degree in Accounting.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Able to prioritize, delegate, and follow-through to meet deadlines.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with senior management and other personnel throughout the company.
- Develop effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- Able to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.