Senior Franchise Accountant
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Responsible for all areas of general ledger accounting related to the franchised hotels; includes journal entry preparation with appropriate and sufficient backup.
- Reconcile monthly bank accounts for franchise operations; post reconciling items or resolve disputed items.
- Prepare account reconciliations and research transactions when necessary.
- Oversee process for revenue and cost deferrals related to ASC 606/revenue recognition.
- Assist in the accounting for and administration of loans and other programs offered to franchisees.
- Understand and be an active participant in RLHC’s system of internal accounting controls.
- Assist management in the analysis of actual results of the franchised hotels.
- Assist in the analysis of various costs and margins as needed.
- Review new franchise agreements for the appropriate accounting treatment as needed.
- Oversee and develop accountants that report to this position.
- Continually seeks opportunities for improvements. Proactive in providing strategic insight and solutions.
- Participate actively and positively in meetings, retreats, and functions. Assist with other corporate needs requested by the VP Corporate Accounting, Tax and Reporting and the leadership team.
- Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- The listed items may not be the only duties performed in this position - there will be other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Accounting
- Considerable knowledge of GAAP Accounting; CPA is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience; experience working in public accounting or for a publicly traded company is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Knowledge of Dynamics GP (Great Plains) Accounting or similar software is a plus.
- You are organized; you follow-through and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- You can connect honestly and openly with your guests and your team.
- You can develop effective working relationships with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- There are times when you may have to deal with an unhappy person; you do need to know how to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.