Franchise Services Manager – Retention Specialist
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
At RLH, we pride ourselves on the amazing new brands we built. One of the drivers behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brands, and the game changing innovation we bring to the hospitality industry is the people that make RLH well, RLH. The Franchise Services Manager – Retention Specialist fosters brand equity, best in class operations, and net unit growth by supporting hotels with revenue and guest satisfaction performance, and brand program execution.
The position serves as the hotel’s primary face of the brand by delivering hotel support, brand program implementation, and developing meaningful hotel owner and operator relationships through genuine engagements.
The position serves as the primary Operations
- Hotel Owners, Operators & Management Companies
- RLH Shareholders
The position is responsible for fostering hotel license agreement renewals and voluntary termination abatement to support RLH net unit growth objectives.
The position is responsible for routinely and proactively assessing hotel business performance and providing consultative recommendations for a designated hotel region. The position also delivers primary hotel support of hotel operations and franchisor brand programs. The position requires strong working knowledge of, and the ability to assess situations and provide solutions to common front office systems, Central Reservation Systems, revenue management, sales, marketing, billing, and other brand program inquiries.
The position requires customer lifecycle account management skills to foster positive hotel owner sentiment and advocacy for our brands.
- Routinely and proactively conducts hotel business performance reviews, audits, and develops hotel action plans to improve business performance for an assigned hotel portfolio.
- Efficiently and effectively responds to real-time high volumes of hotel support requests to assess situations and provide solutions to common front office systems, revenue management, marketing, sales, billing, and other brand program inquiries within designated SLAs. Proactively keeps hotel informed of support request status and completion.
- Trains and educates hotels regarding reservation, customer satisfaction, brand systems, brand programs, and best practices.
- Collaborates with other RLH departments to analyze hotel business needs to assist properties to identify potential revenue opportunities.
- Achieves assigned performance goals relating to hotel revenue, guest satisfaction, owner engagement, and RLH business process SLAs.
- Establishes effective hotel retention strategies and tactics, socializing best practices with other Franchise Services Managers.
- Delivers ‘Concierge Service’ for designated hotel accounts including Brand Advisory Board members, multi-until owners, and hotels in key markets.
- Coordinates retention-fostering tactics with other RLH departments.
- Conducts warm hand-offs with Franchise Development when Operations retention efforts transition to Franchise Development tactics.
- Conducts Operations hotel termination administration, reporting, and hotel post-termination support.
- Tracks and records all property engagements and correspondence using the RLH internal CRM account management program.
- Ensures a seamless and engaging transition from the new hotels onboarding team to the Franchise Services Manager region, including execution of all designated tasks and timelines.
- Leads and/or participates in department business and process improvement projects.
- Routinely monitors Case assignment and resolution for assigned hotels, keeping hotels informed of status including case closure, and escalates Cases aging beyond service level agreements.
- Ensures hotel’s contact information in assigned region is current and proactively updated.
- Periodically provides hotel support for a non-office hour Emergency CRS Hotline.
- Ability to multi-task and balance numerous open issues, prioritize and maintain organization and resolution to all unresolved issues.
- Attends all required department meetings and training events.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, and agencies.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by Franchise Operations leadership.
- Experienced. 4+ years in a hotel management position and/or relevant hospitality franchising organization.
- An exceptional communicator. You have excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to listen and empathize with others, convey confidence, and provide exemplary levels of service. There are times when you may have to engage with challenging owners and operators. The position requires you to understand how to communicate professionally, courteously, and tactfully with such individuals as well as the public and co-workers.
- Technically Proficient. Proficient knowledge of desktop productivity tools including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, electronic scheduling and e-mail systems and CRM account management systems.
- Organized. Highly organized and demonstrate success as a self-starter and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines. You must have the ability to multi-task across different disciplines and time zones utilizing multiple forms of communication including email, telephone, and written correspondence.
- Passionate. You deliver best in class operations support and thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Flexible. You know that most day’s working time is consistent, but you’re flexible as needed to support the business and your teammates. You have the ability to engage in infrequent travel.
- Resourceful. You are constantly seeking ways to accomplish work efficiently and effectively, socializing best practices with teammates and supervisors.
- A Self-Starter. You are proactive in accomplishing goals and achieve business objectives individually, and with a team.
- Results-oriented. You make things happen and have a proven track record of driving change.
- Passionate. You deliver friendly, professional and hospitable customer support, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Nice. We only hire extremely nice people.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.