- Kalispell, MT 59901, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Works directly with the Regional Controller/Hotel General Manager in implementing and maintaining financial records, accounts receivable management and cash handling procedures.
- Oversees all areas of the Hotel’s financial reporting, audit, cash drops and bank account balances.
- Reviews the general ledger for accuracy and generates month end journal entries which may include accruals for invoices/expenses.
- Assists with creation of monthly forecasts.
- Assists in the Annual Budget creation.
- Ensures all accounting procedures are in compliance with Accounting standards and processes and that proper controls are in place.
- Maintain timekeeping system for accurate payroll reporting and generates regular reports for the managers to correct; input and transmit payroll; maintain all payroll account reconciliations; distributes paychecks.
- Responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable to ensure proper procedures are adhered to; and ensure all accounting procedures are in compliance with the Accounting Department and proper controls are in place.
- Ensure proper application process for credit applications, monitor aging for credits, deposits, overpayments, small balance accounts, high balance accounts and delinquent accounts. Handle credit card charge backs
- Assist GM, Regional Dir of HR and Regional Controller
- Post Hotel job openings
- Maintain OSHA 200 Log; Complies Employee Incident Forms, Doctor's notes, and Insurance claims forms. Communicates to RLH Risk Management and Hotel Safety Committee.
- Send all Associate Injury claims to provider
- Act as a liaison the RLH payroll department.
- Mange Employee Recognition programs.
- Maintain Human Resources forms and files.
- Administer the Affirmative Action Plan for the hotel and monitor compliance.
- Mange the entire application process including personnel requisitions, job postings, applications and onboarding process.
- Review all applications and prescreen for qualifications.
- Distribute pre-screened, qualified applicants to the correct department manager for further interviewing.
- Call on job references on qualified applicants.
- Manager all unemployment compensation activity.
- Advise property management as to any applicable employment laws including, city, county, state and federal.
- Manage background check program (drug testing, criminal/credit checks (forms, reviewing results, invoices).
- Review all new hire paperwork with associates for accuracy and proper completion.
- Input new associates into the time keeping system.
- Input and manage all associate information into HRIS/payroll system.
- Manage all associate personnel files and any tracking processes (vacation, sick, warnings, etc)
- Post Open Enrollment dates for benefits programs including medical/dental, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, etc and educate associates on these programs.
- Administer any required associate certification programs such as health cards, alcohol server cards, vaccination, CPR/First Aid, etc).
- Process Benefits enrollments (med/dental, 401k etc), both eligible and those no longer eligible.
- Conduct New Hire orientation.
- Show them you CAN, show them you CARE; following all essential principles in the Little Red Book.
- Have passion for service; like taking care of others; and provide that friendly above and beyond service to Your customers
- Here are some of the legal items we talked about in the introduction. Review, comply with, and promote the company's Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- The listed items may not be the only duties performed in this position - there will be other duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping, auditing and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and practices
- Public speaking and/or training experience
- Considerable knowledge of computers, spreadsheets and point of sales systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to establish and implement proper cash handling procedures to ensure traceable checks and balances.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems. Copy, fax and scanning.
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, Red Lion Guests and agencies.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with others
Valid Driver License
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.