Senior Director Human Resources
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Primary focus is to provide comprehensive oversight of human resources policies and procedures for all divisions, provide excellent service and products to our guests, and create and continually enhance a work environment for our associates that is fun, challenging, safe, and enables our associates to live our Values in Action.
- Member of the Senior Leadership Team, providing strategic direction and leadership as it relates to all HR-related matters
- Acts as a role model relative to our Values in Action
- Directs and oversees the Corporate Human Resources Department
- Recruits, selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates Corporate Human Resources
- Provides direction, guidance, and assistance in recruiting, selecting, training, supervising and evaluating all Corporate Office personnel
- Oversight and management of RLH’s benefits and compensation function
- Directs and oversees communication to management, supervisors and associates regarding all HR-related matters, including but not limited to, compensation, including bonus & incentive programs, benefits, legal compliance, training, development, culture, recruitment, workforce planning & analysis, strategic planning, employee relations, labor relations, and other matters as directed by the COO
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Company’s human resources policies and procedures at the Corporate office and in the field to ensure adherence to a standard format and development in accordance with company goals and objectives. Assists in providing the HR support personnel located at the properties with the necessary tools to ensure adherence to HR policies and procedures.
- Directs and oversees all learning & development programs and any organizational development initiatives, including but not limited to, organizational values and/or principles, workforce planning & analysis, succession planning and career development, performance management systems, learning management systems, and associate engagement initiatives
- Prepares and manages the Corporate Human Resources annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Acts as liaison to hotels on all Human Resource issues and concerns and assists in property investigations as needed
- Provides guidance to executives, managers, supervisors, and associates on human resources issues.
- Develops and oversees a comprehensive Human Resources systems audit process for all properties to ensure legal and corporate compliance with all Human Resource systems. Ensures that the Human Resources audit is properly conducted at all properties on the schedule agreed upon by the Company’s Executive Committee.
- Directs and coordinates the efforts of any outsourced third party consultants relative to HR-related matters to ensure proper guidance is communicated at the property level to managers, supervisors, human resources representatives and associates on policies, procedures, benefits, investigations, and resource materials.
- Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related degree.
- 10+ years progressive Human Resources Management experience.
- Considerable knowledge of all aspects of human resource policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures and educate associates regarding such policies and procedures.
- Excellent leadership abilities, presentation skill, negotiation skills and investigation and complaint resolution skills.
- Considerable knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, HRIS systems, electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with both internal and external guests.
- Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, senior leadership, the Board of Directors and outside representatives and agencies.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and others.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.