Executive Sous Chef
- Kalispell, MT 59901, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Assist in selecting, training, supervising, developing, disciplining and counseling associates in the Kitchen.
- Coordinate activities and direct training of Cooks and service personnel engaged in preparing, cooking, and serving foods to ensure efficient and profitable food service.
- Direct and participate in planning menus and utilization of food surplus and leftovers.
- Schedule kitchen staff according to business levels.
- Maintain inventory; estimate food consumption and purchase or requisition food and non-food items necessary for kitchen operation.
- Review menus; analyze recipes; determine food, labor and overhead costs to ensure economical and timely production.
- Direct and correct the presentation and portioning of food according to Red Lion standards.
- Direct and participate in sanitation and sanitary food handling in kitchen areas.
- Confer with Executive Chef to coordinate policies and procedures between the kitchen and dining areas as well as Banquet functions and Banquet staff.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create Signature Moments for our guests.
- Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Formal Culinary Art training
- Thorough knowledge and/or experience in food preparation, presentation, inventory control and kitchen policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- Health Card
- Proof of Hepatitis Shot
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.