National Sales Manager-Group Desk (Remote)
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Responsible for handling of inquiries for Group business for select hotels.
- Responsible for booking of groups for 25 rooms and under, including but not limited to contract negotiation, loading of groups, rooming list input, and establishment of appropriate billing.
- Represent Red Lion Hotels brand via website referrals and processing.
- Manage Pride accounts on a national basis for all hotels and foster cross referencing of accounts throughout the entire chain.
- Prospect lists and other sources for new business for all hotels in the brand.
- Provide research and due diligence on all prospective leads to hotels.
- Responsible for achievement of production goals to include group bookings, revenue generation, lead generation, and sales call generation.
- Achieve a weekly/monthly personal direct sales (customer contacts) productivity goal.
- Participation as required in local, regional, state, and national trade shows. May be responsible for planning, leading and executing client event receptions, trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Responsible for adaptation, implementation and compliance in sales standard operating procedures, structure and deployment as provided by the company.
- Responsible for representing the brand and holding leadership roles in industry organizations as applicable to the specific assigned market segment (i.e. MPI, SGMP, ASAE, PCMA, GBTA, etc.) and other related industry organizations.
- Responsible for maintaining client information in National Sales database.
- Responsible to offer guidance to the National Sales and Marketing teams in the development of appropriate market segment advertising plans to maximize value to the portfolio of hotels.
- Responsible for producing weekly / monthly revenue and lead production report.
- Work closely with hotels to target and book business that will fill "need occupancy periods".
- Develops and administers the operating budget relevant to his/her area.
- Participate in sales strategies and insures the use of sales systems to support initiatives.
- Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create Signature Moments for our guests.
- Minimum of 2 years hotel sales experience.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree or commensurate education is preferred.
- Experience in a regional, national or global direct sales capacity in hospitality sales.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of hotel operations, sales and industry standards.
- Established relationships within the decision making communities of the assigned market segments.
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue goals at previous sales positions held.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Previous hotel brand sales experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of sales systems and related business applications.
- Travel regularly to meet with clients and attend industry tradeshows and conferences.
- You are able to multi-task, follow-through and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- You can connect honestly and openly with your guests and your team.
- You can develop effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
- There are times when you may have to deal with an unhappy person; you do need to know how to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.