Human Resources Manager
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Identify and recommend Human Resource approaches to management team including strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting, and organizational development issues.
- Manage performance evaluation, career development and succession planning systems.
- Develop, implement and administer Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Identify useful labor markets/sources and maintain ready supply to meet hotel employment needs; conduct job fairs and recruiting as necessary.
- Manage all pre-employment activities including but not limited to offer letters, drug testing, reference checks, and background checks.
- Direct and manage all recruiting and employment efforts.
- Administer the Affirmative Action Plan for the hotel and monitor compliance.
- Manage the entire application process including personnel requisitions, job posting, applications, and applicant flow.
- Complete new hire orientation and training activities.
- Develop and administer employee recognition, incentives and other workforce involvement campaigns.
- Coordinate management development programs and conduct management training programs.
- Facilitate the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Develop and direct employee communication programs.
- Administer compensation programs including but not limited to conducting wage surveys, developing property wage scales, administering wage and salary schedules and merit increases associated with the performance evaluation program.
- Manage the payroll and HRIS system.
- Develop and administer company and property benefit programs including compliance with HIPAA, COBRA, IRS regulations and ERISA guidelines.
- Manage all unemployment compensation activity.
- Manage Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Manage all external agency investigations and claims.
- Select, train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel associates throughout the property.
- Administer associate opinion survey process.
- Advise property management as to any applicable employment laws including city, county, state, and federal.
- Retain records associated with HR and payroll.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create Signature Moments for our guests.
- For Management Positions: Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 3 to 5 years at the manager/director level of human resources or related experience strongly preferred
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to interpret and advise property management according to employment laws of jurisdiction.
- Considerable knowledge of human resource policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures and educate associates regarding such policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.