Manager, RFP & Distribution
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
This dual role will provide vital support for Global Sales and Distribution, executing the RFP process essential to sales in driving revenue and ensuring all connectivity is in place, which is vital to our distribution strategy.
- Works closely with the global sales team, individual hotels and RLH leadership to achieve RFP generation goals and targets.
- Qualifying Season – works to Global Sales to increase the volume and quality of hotels presented to clients.
- Utilizes data on client hotel stays to map potential RLH hotels and brands.
- Conducts analysis and uses personal judgement to line up the most appropriate hotels based on client needs and profiles.
- Works with hotels to craft compelling business cases for each client.
- Ensures hotel data / profiles are as accurate and complete as possible.
- Partners with Account Managers and Global/National Account Directors to ensure strong business cases are prepared and presented to clients.
- Identifies appropriate travel management contacts and presents hotel business cases for inclusion in the annual RFP
- RFP Season – Works to increase the hotel response rate and percentage of hotels accepted into client travel programs.
- Focuses principally on opportunities related to transient accounts.
- Owns the complete RFP lifecycle for each assigned RFP
- Receives requests, builds proposals, works with hotels to complete and respond to proposals, responds to clients and prospects, and manages renegotiations.
- Assists hotels in increasing overall revenue by utilizing data to provide hotels with guidance on setting appropriate pricing
- Uses advanced knowledge of the corporate and TMC RFP process to make independent decisions about the approach for gathering bids from hotels and presenting bids via multiple RFP platforms
- Maximizes hotel response rate by anticipating system and client issues/roadblocks and ensuring appropriate follow up
- Maximizes client acceptance rate by performing detailed quality control checks and using personal judgement to make recommendations to hotels for improved presentation and/or rates
- Ensures all information entered into our systems is accurate.
- Meets strict service level agreements for timely responsiveness and high-quality standards
- Works with Distribution teams to ensure RFP acceptances are communicated and rates are loaded and verified back to the hotels/client
- Monitor and track corporate and consortia account production at the rate code level by hotel
- Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly production reports for all corporate and consortia accounts including a detailed summary of account performance
- Documents and maintains procedural support collateral, including RFP process steps and stages. Conducts training when needed.
- Assists with the research and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, best practices, and development of solutions that improve service delivery and quality.
- Assist with various aspects of the development, creation, activation, initiatives and maintenance of hotels in the CRS and other distribution channels
- Read, process, and respond to questions and requests for assistance in the Distribution & Channel Management queues
- Sponsor success by running and assisting with distribution projects and promoting change
- Assist with interface connections to CRS (PMS, OTA, etc)
- Review CRS test environment based on release notes
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Cross-train fellow associates
- Assist with special projects
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in Lanyon. Sabre RFP, Nexus is essential
- Driven, self-motivated, and analytical
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and impeccable follow-through
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and meet deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking, multi-tasking, and writing skills
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Team player with a positive helpful attitude
- Excited to seek information to improve skillset and grow the team
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Act with integrity, honesty and openness with guests, owners and fellow associates
- Develop effective working relationships with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies
- Prior experience with CRS, OTA, PMS, and/or GDS systems a plus
- This position is virtual, or Denver HQ office based
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.