VP of Brand Management, Select Service Brands
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
At RLH Corporation, we pride ourselves on the amazing new brands we built. One of the drivers behind our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game-changing innovation we bring to hospitality market, is the people that make RLH Corporation well, RLH Corporation.
The VP of Brand Management, Select Service Brands will oversee America’s Best Value Inn, Canada’s Best Value Inn, Knights Inn, and other SSB brands. As a strong leader with a desire to improve and grow our brands, their commitment to upholding established brand standards while pushing the brand to new heights will be unmatched. They will exhibit an excitement and passion while guiding our marketing and advertising strategies forward, help build on and create compelling brand stories which will be communicated across the calendar year.
- Keep the Brand Standards top-of-mind: Responsible for managing the RLH brand standards, the consistency and proper usage of various Brand elements and to insure all marketing collateral is in line with the overarching brand strategy.
- Identify and act on opportunities: Monitor market trends, research potential, new consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify additional opportunities and growth for the brand.
- Spread excitement about the brand both internally and externally. Live the brand promise, voice and tone and help foster a positive, professional and team-oriented work environment.
- Be a strong communicator. This position interacts with hotel owners, managers and the internal RLH management team.
- Successfully launch new brand initiatives, measure success and provide feedback to all stakeholders.
- You will be asked to manage and lead the day-to-day execution and strategy of the RLH select service brand campaigns from conception to completion. To collaborate with ideation and implementation of each campaign as needed. Work closely with both internal and external partners.
- Honor and work within ABVI/CBVI “Voice & a Vote” promise when possible. Look for key items to bring before these owners in their quarterly vote.
- Manage and communicate information about project status and changes in strategy, initiatives, standards, priorities and resource allocation to the project team and leadership; gathering feedback from the within and outside the branding team.
- Help support the long-term strategic planning process working closely with Sr Leadership team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Resourceful Brand Developer. You build trust on and among new and existing brands, and approach problems from a curious, ready-to-learn perspective. You are skilled at organizing resources, establishing priorities, and managing the needs of each brand within RLH Corporation.
- Technical. You have well-developed technical skills with an ability to work collaboratively across functional areas and with a multitude of owners. Additionally Strategy consulting experience preferred in conjunction with industry experience to insure ROI (or ROIC) is considered and communicated with each new standard or signature moment added.
- Results-oriented. You make things happen and have a proven track record of driving change.
- Passionate. Delivering industry leading customer support is critical and you thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- A True Leader. You have excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to: listen to and empathize with others; convey confidence; provide exemplary levels of service; resolve conflict effectively; collaborate with and facilitate small groups.
- Experienced. Required Minimum 5 year’s business leadership experience in hospitality industry. Preferably 5-7 years of experience including team leadership and brand management experience.
- You are a Recruiter RLH Corporation hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best hospitality brands in the world!
- Nice. We only hire extremely nice people.
- Education. Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.