Front Desk Agent
- Appleton, WI, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
Check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; process all payments according to established procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services, and room location. Answer in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk experience. Some college preferred.
This job required ability to perform the following;
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often
- Basic math skills are used frequently
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Full Benefit Package Including: Medical, Dental, Life, Short-Term Disability, Vision, Vacation, Paid Personal Days, Employee Meal Program, Flexible Scheduling, and 401K.