Entry Level Hotel Maintenance Engineer
- Appleton, WI, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
JOB OVERVIEW :
Perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES :
- Complete minor work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe lines, toilets, sinks, kitchens and laundry equipment, etc. Perform preventative maintenance duties assigned.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guest entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operations and maximum efficiency
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paints and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
- Maintain front entrance area, parking lot and/or garage, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, pool, and exercise/sport facilities (including property signs and lighting)
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assents such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient, manner, and minimizes waste.
- Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or request to ensure strong guest satisfaction
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other department.
- Assist with other issues as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS :
Basic reading writing, and math skills and 1+ year (s) of general building maintenance and repairs experience. Completion of high school diploma or related vocational training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pulling, or pushing items weighing up to 100+300 pounds
- Frequency standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical skills, preventive, maintenance procedures, and reasonable understanding of building equipment and hand tools
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other hotel staff and hotel guests
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day or to read equipment repair manuals
- Mathematical skills, including basic ,math, are used frequently
- May be required to work night, weekends and/or holiday
Full Benefit Package For Full TIme Employees Including: Medical, Dental, Life, Short-Term Disability, Vision, Vacation, Paid Personal Days, Employee Meal Program, Flexible Scheduling, and 401K.