Vice President of Guest Recognition (Loyalty and Partnerships)
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
With Hello Rewards, RLH Corporation has broken away from the overdone points-based loyalty programs to create a guest recognition experience that is simpler and more gratifying for today’s traveler. The program is designed around three pillars:
- Hello Rates: Hello Rewards Members get 10% off our Everyday Low Rate regardless of where they choose to make their reservation.
- Hello Bucks: Members earn Hello Bucks on every qualifying stay. Hello Bucks can be redeemed on their next reservation booked on redlion.com or saved for a free night.
- Hello Perks: Hello Perks are unexpected Member benefits. We aim to create surprise and delight moments that are more memorable.
The Vice President of Guest Recognition will have the following responsibilities:
- Leverage industry-leading CRM technologies to deliver on the core tenants of the brand’s guest recognition program: Simple, Gratifying, Engaging
- Analyze performance and Member data with a focus on customer segmentation and identifying areas of program strength and weakness. Utilize learnings to improve overall program performance
- Partner with the SVP to set strategy, priorities, timelines and budget for the Hello Rewards program
- Serve as business lead in the development of a new CRM (define use cases, requirements, design, reporting, etc)
- Identify and procure strategic partners for the Hello Perks program. Ensure relationships are a win for all parties involved (RLH Corp, strategic partners, Members)
- Oversee all team interactions and communications with hotel representatives. Serve as the main point of contact for hotels that are key to the program’s success. Ensure consistency and quality in every message. Conduct ongoing training needs assessments as the program evolves
- Manage RLH Corp’s email marketing function with a focus on maximizing open and click through rates and eliminating errors
- Oversee the research and resolution of Member issues and complaints to ensure retention and satisfaction
- Coach and develop junior staff
- Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to deliver on the core tenants of Hello Rewards
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
- Finds pleasure in building personal connections with stakeholders and partners
- Takes a data-first approach to problem solving
- Shows a passion for their work and creating value for the organization
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys innovating on and disrupting industry norms
- Is eager to both lead and execute the day-to-day activities of the program
- Capable of managing multiple initiatives at once with consistent follow-through and an ability to meet deadlines
- Takes pleasure in developing junior talent
- MBA or Masters in Marketing preferred
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in one-to-one marketing
- Basic knowledge/understanding of Interfaces/Integration of various systems.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Hospitality experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.