Director of New Build Transitions & Openings
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Primary responsibilities are to lead and manage the onboarding process of converting existing branded, independent or new built properties from their former brand to an RLH branded property.
- Position will work extensively with internal teams to orchestrate, manage and communicate the overall onboarding process and bring hotels onto RLH systems, processes and standards successfully as strong representatives of the brands.
- Work with owners, on-site management and third party management companies of franchise properties, to ensure they properly represent the brand and are receiving the brand support committed by the company. Open properties on time, on brand and with standards in place.
- You will help to continually develop and execute procedures for new builds transitions and openings as well as maintain tracking activities for purposes of ensuring all is complete and submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversee the select service onboarding team ensuring all brands are onboarded efficiently and with the least amount of operational disruption.
- Cultivate relationships with franchise owners and managers of all franchise properties, so that they become brand ambassadors of the RLH and reflect favorably on the onboarding processes and services of the franchise operations and onboarding teams.
- Oversee successful opening of new franchise hotels into the system to include integration of all operational, sales and marketing, distribution and revenue management initiatives, as necessary for the new franchise hotels to operate as a Red Lion.
- Oversee the opening of owned hotels assets to franchise hotels on an as needed basis.
- Work with internal partners (Franchise Development, PIP, Plan Review, Brand, Franchise Performance Support, Technology, Sales, etc.) to ensure that the project plans are reflective of current business needs.
- Conduct onsite orientations as new franchise hotels come into the system.
- Educate on-site hotel teams about brand and operating standards, culture, sales and marketing initiatives, and revenue management tools.
- Foster positive hotel relationships through consistent on and off-site communication.
- Engage all RLH departments and services prior to transitioning hotel to respective brand.
- 5+ years in GM-level hotel management or above property experience in a franchised environment
- Prior onboarding experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential with the ability to positively interact with persons at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects, timelines, team members and owners. Excellent time management skills.
- Team oriented and desirous of assisting others to achieve success.
- Flexibility and the ability to travel are vital.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Hotel management experience required, preferably in upper level positions in both operations and sales in mid-scale product environments.
- Ability to develop creative solutions and streamline job functions and decision making
- There are times when you may have to deal with an unhappy person; you do need to know how to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.