Manager, Business Development, Global Sales (Remote)
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
RLH Global Sales Organization Overview:
Under new leadership, RLH’s Global Sales Organization is embarking on an expansive journey to become one of the most advanced sales organizations in the industry. Equipped with powerful technology, engaged leadership and a culture that drives one to grow his or her skillset each day, RLH is a place for driven individuals with an appetite for innovation and the grit to build something remarkable.
Areas of responsibility:
- Develop growth strategies and strategic account plans
- Continually prospect and pitch new business opportunities for RLH Hotels to drive acquisition of new national corporate accounts
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to corporate rate agreement
- Understand target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and apply market strategies to attract customers
- Evaluate market demand by utilizing available reports --- both internal and external, including market share, market conditions, competitor pricing
- Prepare, analyze and write reports to outline prospecting progress and new opportunities
- Having an in-depth knowledge of hotel brands, products and value proposition
- Negotiating with stakeholders
- Work strategically across the organization; distribution, revenue, field marketing
- Keeps RLH management informed of latest industry trends and developments on competitors
Core skillset requirements:
- Think globally
- Build strong relationships
- Focus on the customer
- Influence decisions and actions
- Apply professional, product or technical expertise
- Demonstrate openness and respect for others
- Take responsibility
- Share information
- Think strategically
- Experience in building professional templates, SOP’s and Power Points.
Soft skillset requirements:
- Gravity for sound process and business management.
- Self-discipline to operate effectively and autonomously.
- Flexibility, grace under pressure, and a sense of humor.
- Strong empathy for colleagues and skillsets of varied levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and vision for prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and define issues, evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills appropriately tailored to the target audience.
- Great story-teller/presenter able to articulate and convey technical concepts to a mixed audience at all levels of management. #tellmethenarrative
- Go-getter who takes the initiative to get things done.
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in hospitality sales.
- 4-year college degree in business or hospitality management preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.