Collections Specialist (Temporary)
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
Works to ensure prompt collection of receivables. This includes contacting customers and collecting assigned receivables, ensuring customer payments have been applied accurately, recommending or elevating customer issues to ensure prompt payment is received, performing special projects, analyses, updating collection notes in excel for bi-weekly A/R meetings and other duties as requested.
- Work with Property Owners and General Managers on collection process. Collect assigned receivables in a prompt manner following procedures and achieving positive results.
- Ensure the accuracy of customer contact information including best method of contact and documentation of contact history and most recent contact.
- Gain an understanding of each element billed to the customer; be able to answer customer inquiries as to the validity of the billing.
- Recommend and prepare documentation for debit / credit memos for approval after ensuring its validity. Create packet of backup information to support the credit memo. Submit to Accounting for posting and once posted to customer record, communicate the debit/credit to the customer.
- Gain an understanding of the TACS environment; assist customers and answer inquiries.
- Gain an understanding of Central Pay and the Owner’s Portal and answer customer inquiries.
- Maintain and dispose of documents securely per PCI standards relevant to any credit card or bank information transmitted. Identify problems such as credit card expirations and resolve with customers (through communication with cash management group).
- Run aging reports weekly and call all customers past due in accordance with A/R collection procedures.
- Ensure all account balances appear correct and perform any research as necessary to ensure balance and application of payments are accurate.
- Ability to propose meaningful payment plan solutions for management review.
- Prepare follow up lists weekly relative to bi-weekly meeting action items.
- Perform special projects and other duites as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work with and understand financial accounting systems, specifically Great Plains.
- Proficient in MS Office, Teams, and Dynamics.
- Microsoft Excel experience to include work with formulas, data analysis, etc.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to identify areas needing improvement.
- and reporting figures and facts accurately when reporting.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- Behave with integrity and honesty with customers and co-workers.
- Develop effective working relationship with co-workers, managers, and outside representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.